Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Sharing a few Christmas items

luvstocraft
9 years ago

Unfortunately no new Christmas painting this year, but thought I'd share a few I use each year. Haven't been posting pics in a long time, so bear with me. Also forgive me if I post something I've shared before.

Comments (11)

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Here's my Santa painted on an ironing board.

Would love to see some projects you've painted too!

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi Debi, so glad you stopped by. Yes, it is sad that this forum doesn't have more activity. I used to be here everyday at least once sometimes twice. Then my husband died and I pretty much lost interest in everything for a couple years. I'm feeling a bit better now and hope to get busy painting this year.

Keep coming by to chat or post and maybe we can get this board restarted.

Tell us about yourself. Do you paint? If so, please feel free to post pics and tell us all about them.

Luvs

• anjabee
    9 years ago

Luvs, I don't remember the shutter for some reason. It's beautiful. I always love your work. I didn't get anything new painted for Christmas this year. I had some snowmen that I was trying to rework, but I only got them sanded and base coated and they are still standing on my work bench. ha I will have some bigger pieces this year I hope. I'm starting back to work in 2 weeks so not sure how much time I'll have. I'm working on Easter peeps and door hangers now. I will post the yard art that I did as a special order for someone to give as a gift though.
    {{gwi:2137561}}

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Wow, that is a big bell. Almost as big as you Anj! Your painting is always so neat, I'm sure everyone loved this.

Luvs

P.S. Congrats on finding work so soon.

• kraftymom
    9 years ago

Wow! I really didn't expect to find anyone here!! lol It's been so long and most people have gone to Facebook.

Love all of your Christmas projects.

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Most of us do Facebook too, but always love coming here too! I have been away for a few years, my husband was ill and died a couple years ago so fun stuff was the furthest thing from my mind! I realized that I really need to do some creative things again, both to pass the time and for my own enjoyment. Hopefully, I'll get more productive now and have some things to share.

How about you Kraftymom? Want to post some of your creations here for us to enjoy? Don't forget that we have a Gallery page and a conversation page as well, just look for the links about a third of the way down the page here.

Luvs

• phonegirl
    9 years ago

Time to check in and so glad I did! Love your shutter and
    Ironing board Luvs! This is one of my shutters I painted and
    I need to replaced a missing heart. I think I've donated all the
    others I painted.
    Anj, that's a neat bell you made!
    Kraftymom, like Luvs said, please share.

Great to be back! I painted some zebra chargers and hearts for
    my Valentine table. Will share them if I get it set! My eyes no
    Longer like me painting so it's hard for me to do to much!

Punk

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Punk I really like the lightbulb border you painted. When I saw Santa's expression it made me smile. That's what I love about santas, snowmen, gingers, annie/andy, and scarecrows--their faces always make me smile.

So glad you came by and shared with us today. Let's try to check in at least once a week so we painters can keep in touch and encourage each other okay?

Luvs

• anjabee
    9 years ago

Punk, your shutter is great! Love the border. Almost looks like there is a little glitter going on. My eyes are getting bad too. I may need bifocals. ha Keep taking my glasses on and off all day. Gets aggravating.
    ~Anj.

• debispradley
    9 years ago

Hi everybody. I am so sorry to hear of your husband's passing. I can not even imagine how hard that has been. I do paint and if I can figure out posting pics I will do so. Would love to see this forum get crazy busy again. I always love learning from you all and seeing your work.

Sponsored
Fairfax Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars53 Reviews
DC Area's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Experts