Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New year full of possibilities!

Posted by luvstocraft (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 3, 11 at 12:33

Good morning Everyone! Here we are at the first Monday of the New Year. We have a "clean slate" of days ahead to fill up with memorable moments with our families/friends and wonderful hours spent creating with our paint brushes.

I know I am sure looking forward to seeing the new projects each of you come up with for this year. You keep me motivated to paint more of my own, and I need "motivation" since I'm such a great "procrastinator".

Did any of you get any painting related gifts for Christmas? I was sort of hoping for a new Renee Mullins book I saw on Artists Club--guess I'll have to get it for myself because Santa must have forgotten to put it in the sleigh this year. LOL

Okay, the Christmas decs are stashed away, so now I need to clear off my painting counter so I can choose my first project of the New Year and get busy. Wish me "strength and stamina"--just too darn easy to get tired or sidetracked anymore! LOL

Happy creating!

Luvs

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New year full of possibilities!

Happy New Year, Luvs! and all!

Oh don't even mention that "P" word, I am one of the world's worst. Part of it is my old friend, Arthur-Itis, and the rest is FMS which causes lots of aches too. Restlessness is a major factor.

Had planned to go to nearest HL about 50 miles; the week after Christmas. But it was just too darn cold. So I got my photo box built.

Got one project started, and will post in gallery. I am stumped no pun intended.
cali

o

So far it has taken me two days to retire the Christmas decorations and am not done yet, of course it has only been for short periods of time each day. Finally came to the conclusion that some just have to go to a new home. Back when my two children and my DGS were young a cute kids type Santa or snowman was OK, now they just don't fit in. The really old decorations I will give to my DD, what she does with them is what she does with them. Silly to keep the old tree candle holders when I no longer have a tree. Or the birds that go on the branches, etc, etc, etc.

After seeing the snowman I have finished, displayed on the wall, I have found my new living room color...so tomorrow I will get the paint and call my DGS to help his quickly aging GM with the taping. I tape very well but the up and down on the ladder is hard on the knees.

Our new puppy still chews everything that is in sight so I will put off getting the new area rug for my soon to be newly painted room. Hee is so affectionate and funny but still need some more training, I hope he teaches me soon!

Belle

o

Good Evening Everyone, I'm ready to get going but our weather being so cold doesn't do much for me right now. I get home from work and cook dinner, do dishes and go look at my books and go back to the computer.lol

I will not be parting with anything until it warms up around here. I do plan to haul some more to TS some time this year. We are getting more snow tonight. If it keeps this up we may hit an all time record here.

Luvs, you should buy a new book if you really want it. Maybe I need to go do that and it would get me painting again.

Cali, I will go over to the gallery and see if you got your project posted. It's tough when you don't feel good. DH was off yesterday, couldn't walk again so I can relate to what your going through.

Belle, so what color will you be painting your living room? I keep wanting to do an olive in mine but we have two walls of tong n groove so will only have to paint 2. My other choice would be a light chocolate.

Puppies are cute but the chewing is a tough stage. My cat still loves to claw the furniture so he gets booted out to the garage every time I catch him at it. He's old so theres no hope for him.

Take Care and hope to see some neat projects this year here.

Punk

o

Happy New Year everyone! It was so nice to log on and discover I'm not the only one that hasn't been painting. I am probably one of the world's worst (best) procrastinators. I have so many unfinished painting projects it's ridiculous. My goal this year is to get them done or get rid of them. I'll start a new post about how I plan to do that with an invitation for anyone who would like to join me. I wish all of you health, happiness, and abundance in this new year of endless possibilities!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here