Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
emma_taylor1224

Painting magazines?

Do you subscribe to painting magazines? Any suggestions? Also, do you know if there are any available without subscriptions? I've been looking, but can't seem to find any. TIA

Comments (10)

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Hi Gracie01,

Welcome to the painting forum. If you are looking for some free patterns, there are a couple posts on here listing lots of sites with free patterns.

As for painting magazines, I currently subscribe to Quick and Easy Painting, and Painting. Love both of them. There are some others out there--Tole World, Paintworks, and even Crafts and Things often has some painting patterns.

You can also join the Society of Decorative Painters and get their magazine, and I think Donna Dewberry has an online one you can sign up for.

Maybe some of the others on here will list any that I may have missed.

Have you been painting long? I hope you will post pics of some of your projects on our gallery here. You'll see it listed towards the top of the page, just click on it, and you can see where most of our pictures have been posted.

Hope you will keep coming back to chat and share with us.

Luvs

• anjabee
    17 years ago

Hi Gracie~
    I usually go to my local library and check out the painting mags there. If I find something I like I just scan them into a folder on my computer. I have also bought Quick and Easy Painting mag at my Walmart in the book and magazine section. And like luvs said there are a good many free patterns online. Check out the message here entitled FREEBIE SITES. I keep going back to that one because I still haven't got to browse all the great sites. ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

I just learned that Painting magazine has all their patterns on their website. Their magazine patterns usually have to be enlarged 200%, so they offer full sized patterns online at no charge. The instructions would be in the magazine, but if you just want a pattern and can paint it on your own, this would be a good pattern source. The site is www.paintingmagazine.net.

Luvs

• gracie01 zone5 SW of Chicago
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks everyone. I checked my library and they don't carry any painting magazines.

I think I might subscribe to Paintworks; are you familiar with that one?

• anjabee
    17 years ago

Gracie~ too bad about your library. Paint Works is not one of the ones that I get from mine. Maybe some of these girls have used it and can tell you the difficulty level or some other things about it. Please come back and show your finished projects!! ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Paintworks is a good one too. Their projects seem more advanced. Don't know if you are a new painter or not. If you are new to painting, then I would recommend Quick & Easy Painting. Luvs

Original Author
    17 years ago

I only have a pic of one project I did. I painted a sled that my friend didn't want, but I don't know how to post a pic here. I have it on Picassa.

Original Author
    17 years ago

OK, I figured out how to post a pic; it's in the gallery.

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Wonderful! I'm heading over there to see it right now. ;o) Luvs

• diarich
    17 years ago

Hello Gracie! I can't wait to head over to gallery and see your sled.
    Welcome
    Diana