Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kraftymom_gw

Etsy anyone?

kraftymom
15 years ago

Does anyone here sell on Etsy?

How hard is it to set up, and call me stupid but exactly how does receiving payment work?

I've read everything on-site and I'm still not finding the answer to my question which is.....When someone pays you with a credit card or Paypal, where does the money go? Does it go into my personal bank account?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Frannie

Comments (7)

• phonegirl
    15 years ago

Frannie, If you don't get an answer here, go over to the crafts forum and ask Huggybear or some of them. I have never sold on the internet so not sure how Paypal works.

No question is a stupid one, so it's always ok to ask. I believe any question being asked, is for a reason. As a mentor I couldn't stress this enough.

If you have more pictures please post for us to enjoy. I haven't been painting as much lately so I need others projects to keep me inspired. Thanks, Punk

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

I know Oddie on the Crafts forum set up an Etsy account too, so I'm sure someone on that forum can help you with answers to all your questions. There's a link to the Crafts forum at the top of the main discussions page here.

If you do set up an Etsy account, be sure to let us know, okay?

Luvs

• urbanekdesign
    15 years ago

I have just set up my etsy shop. You do use paypal and it is really easy to set up. Once someone sends you money you can have it transferred into your bank account

Here is a link that might be useful: My etsy shop

• tolefairy
    15 years ago

On Etsy, you can accept checks, money orders or Paypal. If they pay by credit card and/or Paypal, it goes into your Paypal account. When you're ready, you just transfer what is in Paypal to your bank account. If you don't want to use Paypal, you can have the buyer send you check or money order.

• craftsbyjenn
    15 years ago

I have been on Etsy since September and I love the atmosphere, not very many sales so far, but you know what? I have paid so much money for advertising online, I've sat in forums trying to get noticed, but honestly the most sales that I have had are from word of mouthe. But yes Etsy is wonderful!! Check out my site

Here is a link that might be useful: Etsy

• kraftymom
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you all for responding. I have gone ahead and started construction of my Etsy site and hopefully I'll be opening very soon.

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

Jenn, your Etsy site is nice, you have a big variety of items. I'm not sure what you mean by "I've sat in forums trying to get noticed". I certainly hope we have not ignored you here, we want every poster to feel very welcome, and we love seeing and hearing about each other's projects. However, if you were only on the forums to promote sales of your items, you probably need to realize that most forum members don't come here for that purpose. It's more for sharing ideas and keeping motivated and being able to share pics of the projects we've completed.

Kraftymom, I wish you much success with your new site too. Hope you will still be coming here to share with us too.

Luvs

Sponsored
Traditional Hardwood Floors LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Your Industry Leading Flooring Refinishers & Installers in Columbus