Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Quick projects

luvstocraft
15 years ago

These were supposed to be quick little projects just for fun while traveling, but I ended up having to finish them at home.

The tree was an after Christmas clearance item, and the rocks were picked up while walking my dogs. I enjoy taking my paints along so I can paint in the evenings before bedtime.

Hope they make you smile or chuckle--not fine art, but just for fun. ;o)

Luvs

Comments (7)

• phonegirl
    15 years ago

Luvs, What fun projects. Tell us about the tree w/gingers? Is it ceramic and was it already finished and then you painted over it? I think it will look great with your Christmas decorations.

Your rocks, rock!!! What cute snowmen. How big are they? Those lips are way cool. I've been thinking about putting lips on one of my snowmen I paint. Your so far ahead of me. Your add ons just made them.

They made me smile and I thank you. Punk

• kraftymom
    15 years ago

Well they made me smile, nice job!!

• chris_2009
    15 years ago

Hi Luvs,

Yup, I've got the same question about your tree as Punk, ceramic mould and then painted over or?? Very nice!

I was never a fan of painting rocks, maybe because I never saw rocks painted with personality before! Like your snowmen, and the painted turtle (can't remember who painted the turtle), now I'm a fan.

Chat with you soon!

Chris

• anjabee
    15 years ago

Gotta make me a bowl full of Rockin Snowmen! How fun! I love them. Love all the little additions of the bows,earmuffs and my favorite the wreath halo. As soon as the snow clears I'm gonna be out looking for rocks. ha Actually, I just thought about it, I have some round smooth rocks that I bought to go in our aquarium a while ago that didn't get used. Might be too small, but I gotta look for em. ha Thanks for adding another "wanna do" to my long list.

I'm right there along with everyone else....curious on the tree. What's it made of? You did a good job on it. It might even make the cross over to Valentines Day with the heart. =)

We might have to send you off on trips more often if you come up with such cute ideas! ha

~Anj

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks gals. I think they call the material that tree is made from resin or something like that. I know I've seen bears, angels, etc. at Michael's out of it. It has all the designs already on it and you just fill in with your choice of colors. Sorry that picture didn't get straightened before I posted it. :o(

Anj, I had some cute penquin patterns I wanted to do on the rocks, but the only smooth rocks I found weren't big enough, so I had seen a bowl full of snowmen rocks, or rockin snowmen, as you put it, somewhere on the web and thought I'd just go ahead and make some. Little GD thought they were so cute! Bet your kids would enjoy decorating some--they could just let their imaginations run wild. Now that I think about it, I guess I could have just reduced the penquin patterns--duh!

I didn't put these on our gallery since they were a just for fun project and it's okay if they drop off quickly. LOL

You know what they say about painters--if it doesn't move, we'll probably try to paint it!

Luvs

• pezabelle
    15 years ago

Luv...Phone girl beat me to the punch line, your rocks - rock!

Almost got a kink in my neck looking at the tree and ginger and heart ...but it was worth it!

I just took a walk over to the window and looked out at the pond and my DH said "What now?" Guess he know that look!

Thanks for sharing!

Belle

• phonegirl
    15 years ago

Luvs , OK now I understand but it looks like a sugar cookie with frosting. Pretty cool. Anj had a good idea that you could use it for Valentines Day also, huh?

Chris it's so good to have you here posting with us. You seem to fit right in.

I think we're all thinking rock paiting. Amazing how great minds think alike. Jokes....... My DH's cousin painted

several like lady bugs one year that were darling. I have quite abit of cement art in my yard so I didn't paint any rocks.

Belle has DH got your rocks picked yet for you? ha ha I have alot of rocks with our landscaping but most are odd shaped and not smooth. I have green, purple and flagstone (rust tones). Guess I'll have to head out to the farm and find a few to paint come spring.

I'll check out the galley and conversations before the movie starts. As always, great yaking with all of you.Punk

Sponsored
J.E.S. Home Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Loudoun County's Full-Scale Construction Firm