Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
place card holders

Posted by kraftymom (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 7, 02 at 11:35

Saw the cutest idea for placecard holders in a papier mache painting idea book yesterday. They used papier mache birdhouse ornaments (there's me and my birdhouses again)and here's what they did.

They removed the ornament strings. Painted them fun, bright colors like bright yellows, pinks, seafoam green and decorated them with polk dots, swirls, zigzag lines etc. Then they curled a piece of decoarative wire to hold the placecard. They polked a small hole in the top of the birdhouse and put the other end of the wire into the roof with a nice bead between the roof and the curl. They used some glue to secure it.

Needless to say I ended up buying the book (got it at a big discount at a local craft outlet store) because they also had seasonal stacking box characters including a gingerbread man!

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here