Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Painting hearts

Posted by paintingfool (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 29, 11 at 11:35

Do you remember rocking your babies to sleep or how calming it was to rock them when they were not feeling well. My babies would put their little heads in the nape of my neck and their other hand would wrap around my neck and grab my hair to hold on (yes, sometimes it hurt). I am a rocker - I even rock myself when in bed - I know, how is that possible? Well, whether I am on my back or tummy, my feet rock back and forth until I fall asleep. I love the sensation of movement although my hubby says it makes him seasick. Anyway, I have several hearts in my stash that I am trying to paint up. I found this design in an old Brenda Stewart book and thought it would be perfect for this heart. Of course, I took Artistic License and painted it my way, it was still a great inspiration piece. Thought you would like to see it.
B

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Painting hearts

B, that is so sweet and perfect with Valentine's Day coming up. I love it when a little one wants up and lays their head on me and wants to cuddle. Funy you are a Rocker till the end of each day. We know you Rock at painting during the day so why not end each day Rockin'!

TFS, Punk

o

That is lovely. You are so talented. I love it. I also was a rocker. My youngest daughter is 44 (yesterday) but when she was maybe 9 or 10 and didn't feel well, she wanted mom to rock her. It's soothing for mother and child. Thank you for sharing. - Marylee

o

I love that design on the heart, it is so delicate and sweet. Would be a lovely Mother's Day gift too.

Punk is right, you "rock" at painting for sure. I love how you do those small delicate things so perfectly.

Luvs

o

Bebe...Beautiful! So well balanced in both color and content. I still have my DGM rocking chair, which was "my" chair at home. I rocked both of my kids and my DD did as well. Just something so peaceful when you rock a child.

Thank you for sharing!

Belle

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here