Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gotta love NC's PBS!

Posted by Jill_NC (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 6, 02 at 10:22

On Saturdays I used to watch a show called Paint, Paint, Paint. Sometimes they'd have segments that I could relate to---easy stuff like stencilling, and occasinally they'd have one-stroke painting. Well, last week they said that Paint, Paint, Paint was moving to a new time. Guess what replaced it?? Donna Dewberry's OSP show! It was great. I can't wait to order one of her kits, but even though I haven't started yet, it's still fascinating to watch.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
re: add pbs in wa to that list!

We are also lucky to have 2 PBS stations in my area
that carry a variety of shows by painting artists. We also get Dewberry (on both stations), Susan Scheewee, and Helen Van Wyk to name a few. We also get Paint! Paint! Paint! and I really have enjoyed the faux finishes they do on that show. As far as I'm concerned there can't be enough shows on painting. There's always something new to learn.

o
RE: Gotta love NC's PBS!

Jill & Kraftymom----you guys are REALLLLLLY lucky. My PBS station is owned by a religious concern (won't mention which) but we spend a LOT of time on that subject & NONE on decorative painting shows and maybe one on sewing or quilting. We are lucky to still get This Old House! They have even cut most of the cooking shows! Writing them & requesting changes to newer programs is useless. Please write your PBS stations & tell them how much it means to you to have these painting shows available to you. Your much less fortunate friend....sammytx!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here