Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Painting leather shoes/purses

Posted by doinitover (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 4, 08 at 9:58

I bought a great pair of Born painted clogs at a Craft Show. I tried to get the artist to reveal her secrets, but no luck! I know she sands, primes, paints, seals...but do not know the products. I tried myself and used artist acrylic paint. Perhaps my primer is the problem, but the paint is very stiff and I know it will crack....any suggestions out there?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Painting leather shoes/purses

Sorry doinitover, but I guess none of us have any idea about this. Canvas shoes I could help with but just not sure about other types of shoes. Maybe take an old pair of shoes made of a similar material and just experiment. Or contact someplace like Plaid or Delta where they manufacture craft paints and ask for help. Good luck, and I hope you will come back and show us pics of your finished project. Luvs

o

Thanks luvs.

I do have a few paints to try.

o

I'd love to see a picture of the painted shoes you bought. Can you post one?

o

In the April 2008 issue of Quick and Easy Painting there is an article on how to paint those garden clogs. It states to prepare the rubber cloggs with two light coats of Matte Acrylic sealer/Finisher, drying well between coats. Then paint. Really cute clogs. I think I will try it too. I hope this helps.

o

http://www.quickandeasypainting.com/projects/snowmengiftboxes.shtml

I love the free patterns there too

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here