Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Star Snowman

Posted by gram_nh (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 17, 08 at 8:21

First...I did not paint this!!

My DIL gave it to me for Christmas. Just thought it might be inspiration for someone. Has anybody painted on the metal stars?

Here is a link that might be useful: Star Snowman

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Star Snowman

How cute! I can tell your DIL knows what you like! ;o) Nice to see you on here Gram. So how have you been? Still crafting and painting all the time? I have painted on metal, but not the stars like that yet.

Luvs

o

What a nice treat from your DIL and he is so cute. I have painted on tin before but usually small things. I like painting on most anything except chalky type items, I just can't stand the feel of it - like fired ceramic - it's like having cotton balls in your mouth.

o

That is darling. What a thoughtful gift!

o

Hey Gram..Thanks for sharing your cute gift. I haven't painted on metal like that ....yet!

How are you doing. Any new updates on your DD? We hope everything is going great for you. ~Anj

o

Soo cute! I have seen one of these hanging on a house I drive by, always wanted to see it close up, wont say its the same snowman, but I soo love yours! hope you dont mind but I saved your photo for next year craft, thanks for shareing!
oddie

o

We have small stars with Santa on them that are ornaments. My Gram picked them up somewhere. I think she thought they were orginal handmade items but MIL bought a larger star this year to hang for Christmas that looked VERY similar to our ornaments...so I'm thinking they're wholesale items. Anyone could easily make their own, though!

I like the snowman better..could be used a lot longer!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here