Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What did Santa bring you to work with or work on?

Posted by Grama (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 2, 04 at 7:58

For Christmas, I received a pile of various sized wood for my firescreen.
I have someone that is going to build it for me so, I can paint the inserts. It will have several diferent inserts to interchange throughout the year. and.. an easel
AND....a gift card to MICHAELS. How great is that?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What did Santa bring you to work with or work on?

Hi Grama,
I got a dremel. I paint on cypress knees and the dremel will come in handy for sanding! What part of KY are you in? I am in the nw corner of TN about 30 miles from the KY line.
I haven't posted much, but keep promising myself to start!
cali

Here is a link that might be useful: my painted cypress knee

o

For Christmas I got a brand new electric drill with a keyless chuck! I don't very much like the battery operated ones and have been wanting an electric one for several years now. It also has a reverse thing-y.... I haven't used it yet but I will if I ever get this Christmas mess cleaned up!

Barbara

o

Gifted myself a tabletop easel (Sorrento) and some brushes. Already have lots of Ceramcoat paint from when our local Beverley Fabrics store closed in Placerville (that was before we moved to So. Oregon year before last). Yesterday I went to a free intro class on tole painting, and plan to sign up starting next week.
I have read lots of the earlier posts here, but it is awfully quiet, isn't it ... have a question, will post a new thread in an effort to breathe a little life into the forum. Delina

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here