Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gram_nh

PF...tray favors?

gram_NH
17 years ago

Just wondering if paintingfool had plans for Feb. tray favors for the rehab center?

I keep going back and looking at that CD snowman...he just can't help but put a smile on ones face!!

Comments (7)

• paintingfool
    17 years ago

I don't have to do tray favors for a while. The center is being renovated so we moved to another site. I haven't painted since New Year's, just trying to get my house back in order. I don't have anything new to post right now so I thought I would show you some of the ornaments I got for Christmas. I painted the snowman and the reindeer but the others are not painted by me. The large snowman is painted on the back of tree bark. The Penquin is painted on the bowl of a spoon. Enjoy. PF {{!gwi}}{{!gwi}}

• anjabee
    17 years ago

Those are soooo cool. The tree bark one and the spoon are so unique. I may have to paint some spoons from the TS for my tree next year. It's a little blurry. What is on the handle?? Thanks for sharing your bounty. ha Your reindeer is so pretty. ~Anj

• paintingfool
    17 years ago

Anj, the snowman face is just a round disk with two hearts attached. Would make a great pin. The spoon has red and white beads on gold wire wrapped around the handle and then tacked with glue. I have painted a lot of spoons, mostly cute Santas and Snowmen. Sometimes I bend the handle over and paint on the back of the spoon. I used up all my old silverware and finally went to the Dollar Tree and picked up spoons for 25 cents each. The reindeer was taught at a chapter meeting. BEBE

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

PF; those are really neat. Your spoon ornament inspired me to pick up a few TS spoons while I was out today. Not a very big selection of spoons--they had a ton of knives. (I've already bought a couple of those to paint and use as a letter opener.) What a great idea to add the beads. I had seen the bent spoons used as ornaments before, and I remember one of yours that you posted. Want to share your thoughts on any prep needed before painting them? Not sure how soon I will get around to painting mine, but might as well be prepared. LOL

• paintingfool
    17 years ago

Luvs, I clean the spoon with alcohol and paint with acrylic paints. Then I brush on several coats of varnish, sometimes I use Triple Thick Varnish. I think the beads are great, you may not be able to see it but the wiring is curled at the top to be used as a hanger. I had to glue the wire on the back to keep in place. Have fun. BEBE

• cathy8091
    17 years ago

Hi just looking around here. Really love this forum. I painted some wooden spoons for my nieces at Christmwas. I think they turned out pretty good, if I do say so. I also knitted dish clothes placed them on the end of the handle and tied a red ribbon around. I'd send a pic but my picture didn't turn out. Lots to paint on.

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Hi Cathy, Glad to have you joining in. Your spoons sound really cute. Sure hope you will keep coming by to chat with us, even if you don't have pics to post. We love "talking" about painting--and everything else.

This forum has 3 areas. This one for painting related discussion, the gallery where we can post lots of pictures, and the conversation side where we can chat about anything and everything else.

Be sure to check out all three so you don't miss anything. Just look sorta at the top of the main page in the middle for the link, I think they are in red.

Feel free to add your comments to any of them. We like opinions, ideas, and of course, compliments! ;o)

Luvs

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022