Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Perfect timing!

luvstocraft
13 years ago

We have a little used book store at our local library. I'm always checking in there for painting and crafting books/magazines.

Well today my "painting angel" must have been looking out for me because I stopped in there just after a man had dropped off a huge stack of painting and cooking magazines! I quickly asked the lady if I could go through them before she put them on the shelf and she said "sure". I quickly pulled out everyone that I knew I didn't already have. Each magazine is 25 cents and I got $10.50 worth! I've had so much fun this afternoon browsing through them and earmarking the ones I like best. There are some Decorative Woodcraft, Painting, Let's Paint, Paintworks and Tole World in the stack. Lots of great patterns and ideas! (Not that I needed more, mind you, but it's oh so much fun looking at them all) ;o)

Luvs

Comments (6)

• anjabee
    13 years ago

Woot!! Jackpot Luvs! Isn't that like the best feeling.....the thrill....the shot of adrenaline that only painters would understand! lol I bet you had fun going through them all. I think it sparks your creativity just looking thru them and getting ideas. I will be doing that very shortly. I can once again see the top of my painting desk. Got a little piled up over the holidays with a bunch of filing so I'm ready for the long weekend (kids are out Fri and Mon) to do some painting! Very happy for you!

• calirose
    13 years ago

Congrats Luvs! What a lucky find! I love to go through stacks and get ideas. And such a good price!

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Lucky you, Luvs. I'm thinking I might need something new to get me going but there isn't any place around with painting books any more. Maybe when we get moved and all settled in things will change. I do know that getting into tablescapes has taken me away from painting too.

Punk

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Punk, I keep thinking that I need to select projects that I could use in tablescapes too! I've done some of that with my painted cake covers and birdhouses.

Anj, I knew you would understand the thrill I had finding all those, since that's happened to you a few times too. I spent hours yesterday and today looking through them and earmarking ones I might want to try to paint. It's just such a thrill--and a fairly cheap one too! LOL

I found some really neat patterns in most of them, only two or three didn't have anything that interested me.

As usual, I just need to stop looking and get to painting!

Luvs

• paintinnanny
    13 years ago

OMG!!! I ran into a yard sale last summer!! Well now let me tell you, I had to run to the bank before I was done.What a great time I had.Going through them was so exciting. Enjoy your finds. Get Painting !!

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Paintinnanny, so glad you found so many wonderful books last summer at a ys. Have you painted some things you'd like to share with us? We love to see everyones projects. There are so many here to offer advise if you have any questions or if you'd like to give us some tips, we're ready.

Welcome and hope you will keep posting with us here.

Punk