Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Posted new pics in the gallery today

luvstocraft
17 years ago

Dug out some Valentine's decorations today, so I took a picture of one I painted last year and of the "cookies" I've been working on this year. I posted the pics over on the gallery side. I have plans for making a few more of the "cookies", and a couple other painted heart shapes that were in Painting magazine. I should have time to work on them this week.

Does anyone else have any Valentine's decorations to share? I'd love to see any you have painted too.

Seems that the months pass so quickly, so it's not too early to start thinking about the next holiday or even projects for Spring.

Hope everyone is rested after the holidays and able to have some time for working on new painting projects. It's important to tale time for a little creative fun.

Luvs

Comments (3)

• gram_NH
    17 years ago

Those cookies are the cutest! That means I have to search out my wooden hearts. I have been trying to clean out my craft/junk room. Haven't come across them yet, but with winter finally hitting us, I guess it would be a good day to dig in!

Years ago, for some project, I mixed tacky glue with acrylic paint to make a thicker raised texture. Wonder if that would work for the 'drizzeled frosting effect'. Will be playing today!

Oh, and those roses on the plaque are beautiful! Good job!!

• anjabee
    17 years ago

Hi, just came from there. The cookies did turn out great. Unfortunately I don't have any V-day painted items.
    I was working on my angel (decided on an Americana thing for her), but had a little problem and haven't gotten back in there to fix and finish her. I got distracted while in the middle of painting a part of her and by the time I got back there was one part that was darker and weird looking on the wood. Now I have to sand some and fix it. I hate sanding!! ha I have started a little Easter sign and if I can ever find what I did with my eggs I will start painting them this week too. Any suggestions on how to hold up the egg while I'm painting it? OH wait, I have an old egg cup that might work. Never mind. ha
    Thanks for the pics! I was so excited to see something new over there! :D ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Glad you ladies enjoyed them. Wasn't going to post the cookies until I got them arranged, but thought "Oh, why not?" Just dug the sign out yesterday along with a few paper Valentine's things. I really don't have many decorations for this holiday.

Gram, I hope you found your hearts today. Are you finally getting hit with the cold weather? I have friends in Maryland, but haven't talked to them in a couple weeks. Their weather is probably similar to yours.

Anj, sometimes the wood has sections that just soak up the paint more. I used to seal all my wood before I painted--then started getting lazy about doing that. Hope yours will turn out okay. I imagine painting eggs will be allot like painting ornaments--probably not my thing--although I do have a few wooden eggs around here somewhere.

Luvs

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH