Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nancelee_gw

Church in the Snow

nancelee
15 years ago

Here is a snowscene I painted on a wooden tray for a class project that I taught some time ago.

nance

Image link:

Comments (12)

• pezabelle
    15 years ago

Beautiful! I love the white tree's. What a great decorating piece. Did you do it in oils or acrylics? Again, the trees are really great!

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

What a pretty little scene, Nancelee. I like small scenes like that to sit on little easels and stand them on my buffet or end tables. If you teach classes, I'm hoping you will have lots more projects to share with us. Luvs

• anjabee
    15 years ago

Oh, it's so pretty! One day I'm gonna learn how to paint landscapes! Maybe 2009 will be my year! ha Thanks for showing your inspiration piece! ~Anj

• nancelee
    Original Author
    15 years ago

pez The church is done in acrylics but my first love is oils. That's what I learned to paint with. However this is an easy one with acrylics.

luvs I used to teach a lot of classes but am not doing so now. I do have more work to share but don't want to bore you.I haven't had a lot of time to paint this year but really miss it and plan to get back to it soon. All of you inspire me with your work.
    anj I know you would love landscapes.....just jump in in 2009. You will be glad you did.

• phonegirl
    15 years ago

Very nice church in the snow painting. I love landscapes, winter scenes are probably my favorite. You won't bore us with your pictures. We'd love to see them. I post more than I probably should and no one has complained yet. LOL

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

Pics of painted projects NEVER bore us! The more the better, so please share away! Luvs

• anjabee
    15 years ago

Oh gosh...please post pics!! ha We LOVE it!! You will never never never bore us! ha Isn't that why we come here every day??? Just to see if there is something new to peek at??? ha Old...New....we don't care! Bring it on! =) ~Anj

• paintingfool
    15 years ago

This is so pretty, just love the way you did the trees. I, too, would love to see more pictures so please share. I teach also, but right now only for my chapter of NSTDP.
    B

• calirose
    15 years ago

Very pretty and peaceful. I have taught also, and my first love is oils. Have you tried the H20 oils? I am trying to get back into decorative painting as well as keep up my other painting.
    Thanks for sharing - I look forward to seeing more.

• nancelee
    Original Author
    15 years ago

calirose I'm not sure if I'm familiar with the H20 oils. What is the brand name? Are they something new?

• calirose
    15 years ago

H20 oils are water clean up oils. They are somewhat new. There are a few brands, Hobby Lobby carries them as does dickblick.com. One can mix them with water to thin instead of using oil thinner; so the odors are reduced. However that is done sparingly so as not to break down the paint too much. They dry quicker than using pure oil, but not as fast as acrylics.

• nancelee
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Oh yes, I did try some of those oils a while back but the colors were not as rich as the regular oils.

Maybe I need to try some again as I love a quick drying time.

Nance