Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anjabee

snowman coasters

anjabee
15 years ago

Being sick has some advantages. I'm getting some painting done. Here are some coasters I finished up. Just noticed I still need to clean up the edges. oops. =) ~Anj

Comments (6)

• phonegirl
    15 years ago

Your coasters turned out great. I like the sayings on them. Nice job on your lettering, shading and your colors are bright and cheery. I really like the blues on the background.

Sad that your not feeling well but you know I like to come here and enjoy your projects. ha ha So what do you plan to do with them? Keep them for yourself or use as a gift? Did you come up with this design on your own or is it out of a book?

• anjabee
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Oh sorry, it is a Sue Allemand pattern from a Quick and Easy Painting mag. Her's were painted on tin pockets. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them. I need to make sure they'll hold up as coasters. Have to go back over to the discussion side and remember what advice I was given on sealing them. I had planned them for a SIL though, but that was way before Christmas and I didn't end up getting them done in time to send in her pkg. I think the blue I used was French Grey Blue (Americana). Glad you liked them. =) ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

Anj, those turned out so darn cute! As always your lettering is so good and I love what they say. Hey, don't think of it as being late, just figure that you have something ready for next year. ;o) Luvs

• anjabee
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks and good idea to save them for next year Luvs. Still need to put a few coats of varnish on them. ~Anj

• phonegirl
    15 years ago

Anj,
    I haven't seen a painting magazine for years. No one around here carries any. I'll look for some newxt time I head to town. I used to get Decotative Artist's, Crafts and Painting years ago. I kept all my old ones but most are packed away. I don't know for sure what it would take to make them hold up as coasters but I do know my son used 7 coats of the waterbased acrylic on his counter tops and they held up well so I bet that will work. If it was me I'd set them close to what your painting and every time you varnish something hit them also. I'll wait and see what you come up with.

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

Hey Anj, just don't put them away somewhere and forget where you put them--I've done that to myself before!;o) You should ask Bebe or Kraftymom about the sealer again. Some varnishes may discolor if they get wet, so be careful.

Phonegirl, you need to dig your old magazines out and check back through them. I have lots from the late 90's, and like to browse back through them especially during the winter months. I'm always finding new things in them that appeal to me now that I really hadn't noticed before. Guess that's because our tastes and skill levels change. Lots of the old designs can be easily updated to new surfaces or using new colors too.

I'm only subscribing to Painting and Quick and Easy Painting now. Just can't afford to get too many. I do watch for painting books or magazines at the craft stores too. Goodness, I get so excited if I find any! LOL

Luvs

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals