Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Here's my Santa

luvstocraft
15 years ago

Got this guy finished today, just have to spray the back and put a picture hanger on the back. He's an adapted version of a Renee Mullins pattern that was in one of my magazines. I may make another one for myself, but this one is going to a friend for Christmas. Luvs

Comments (6)

• phonegirl
    15 years ago

Luvs, Your santa is sooooooooo cute. Love all the details you put in this project. You should paint one for yourself. I'm so happy you are painting and posting so I have something to look at when I take a break and jump on here. It is still below zero with snow here so seems funny to see you taking pictures in the grass.

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Phonegirl, you know I have the hardest time getting a good picture inside the house. If I use the flash, I get glare and if I don't use it, it's too dark. Easiest thing for me is to throw it on the ground and snap a picture! LOL We've gotten pretty chilly for us,I'm having to wear long sleeves outside! I probably shouldn't tell you that even the roses are still blooming here should I????? ;o)

I probably will make another one of these for myself. Easy enough to cut out, and easy to paint as well. I sure hope my neighbor/friend will like him.

Luvs

• nancelee
    15 years ago

Luvs, What a lucky friend you have to get such a great gift from you. You have put so much work into it and I'm sure she will love it. That must have taken a lot of time with cutting and painting.

I'm envious of your weather....it's soo cold here today with below zero temp and 45 mile pr hour wind making it -20 below windchill. No shopping today for me! nancy

• paintingfool
    15 years ago

Luvs, so much detail and they are the cutest. You always do such nice work. Your shading is just perfect. I am with you on taking photos, I always get a glare because of the varnish or the photos are a bit out of focus. Yesterday we had temps of 77 degrees - but tonight it will get down to 29 degrees (I am going to freeze!!) and the rest of the week will be in the low 70's. I know I can't survive in cold weather, was in Rhode Island once and begged my husband to get transferred back to the south. Our weather goes up and down but that is OK with me, I stay in when it is cold.
    B

• anjabee
    15 years ago

I've seen this one and wanted to do it, but looks like you beat me to it. =) I love it. Your friend is going to be so happy with it. It looks way bigger than I thought it would be. It's gonna look great wherever she decides to hang it! I like the little smoke wisps coming out the the birdhouse chimney. ha
    And it does look good with the grass behind it. I probably won't see any green grass again for a good long time. =) ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks everyone, I gave it to her today but don't know if she has opened it yet or not. I'm anxious to see what she says.

Our weather has really been cooler here too, but not nearly as low as what all of you are having. And like Bebe said, I tend to want to stay in when it's cold out. The other morning it was 44. We're supposed to get more rain tomorrow. I'm sort of glad it is cooler now, makes it seem more likd Christmas for this former midwesterner!

I'm so glad all of you are on here to chat with and share your projects. I wish I were more productive because I know it is so fun to sign on and find a new project someone has posted. I'll make a resolution to try to keep production up on my end--but I'm just not very fast anymore!

Luvs