Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pezabelle

New Tags

pezabelle
15 years ago

Just finished these, line was hard. Tried both paint and pen - still hard.

{{!gwi}}

Belle

Comments (9)

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

These are real cuties too, Belle. You sure are whipping these things out quickly--what's your secret?

Luvs

• phonegirl
    15 years ago

I love these tags you made. You did a great job painting on these. I just love to come here and see new projects posted.

• anjabee
    15 years ago

Sorry you were having a hard time with the line, but everything looks great. Very sharp and crisp. Love the colors. Great job Speedy! =D ~Anj

• pezabelle
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you all for your kind words....you sure do warm the heart!

Belle

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

Belle, these look so familar but I can't place the artist. Sorta reminds me of Nancy Wood or even Mary Jo Tuttle. I'm probably way off, can you share the artist--or are they a "Belle" original? ;o) I really like them allot. Luvs

• pezabelle
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Luv...the artist is Nancy Wood. She is not familiar to me but I really like her work. I am going to enlarge the patterns and make stand ups to add to my decorations. One note, I am going to change how she has her instructions. She has stippling after other close areas are finished. Ex: Santa's beard/mustache/hair and hat cuff are stippled after the face is complete. Very hard to do in these small tags. Although her's were cut-outs not tags. These tags and the others I posted are all from Quick & Easy Painting Christmas Ornaments, winter 2009.

Belle

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

Hi Belle, I thought they might be her design. I get that magazine too, so probably saw them in it. Most likely have the corner of the page folded over as one of the things to add to my "too long to ever get done" list! LOL I really like most all of her designs. I did one of her Santas and a nativity last year.

I almost never follow the directions--just quickly read through them and then do my own thing! LOL I also substitute similar colors if I don't have the ones listed, or if I want to make the item match my decor or that of a friends. I think that's part of what is so great, we can use the design and add or subtract to make it our own.

Luvs

• anjabee
    15 years ago

Well, I see them now Belle. ha We sure are getting lots of use out of that mag this year, aren't we? That's the one my last 2 projects came from too. Shhh, don't tell anyone, but I like your choice of colors better! ha Why is it for Winter 2009 when it's still 2008. Do you think it's a misprint?? Still a few other things in there I want to paint. Love love love those little tin stars on page 47. Did you get this one Luvs? There are a few cupcakes on page 74 you might be interested in and I was thinking of Bebe with the flamingo tag on page 78. =) ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

Yes, I have it too, Anj. I immediately thought of Bebe when I saw the flamingos too. ;o) Isn't if funny how some issues will have so many things we like, and others maybe only one or two projects. Of course, a Christmas issue is always sure to appeal to most of us, right?

I have several cupcake patterns saved now that I want to do in the New Year. Not sure why, but they just appeal to me. Maybe I can find satisfaction looking at them and not being able to eat them! LOL

Luvs

Sponsored
Elegant Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
VA & DC's Finest General Contractor