Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pezabelle

Christmas Donations & Halloween Scene

pezabelle
14 years ago

Just finished these....whew! The three piece set goes to a silent raffle on Sunday.

The very late or very early Halloween scene was really a test of skills for me and looks nothing like the pattern by Patricia Rawlinson and I can see that my sky looks broken up rather than scattered. Oh! Well! What's done is whats done. I still have to figure out how I am going to present this one, frame or a wall hanging. Now I have a ton of housework to catch up on!!!

Belle

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (8)

• citytransplant(zone5)
    14 years ago

Belle,

You have been busy. I love the Christmas gingers. The way you showcase them with the candle, candy and the berried tree and candy canes and pinecones. Great job! Be sure to let us know how the raffle goes. I am sure these will be a great big hit.

As much as I really like the Christmas paintings, when I saw the Halloween, a big ole AWWWWW! came out of my mouth. It is great!! I can see how it took a lot of time, with all of the details. What I cannot do, is find a favorite part. The smoky, ghosty, starry fog, the pumpkin patch with headstones, the fence, the happy jack o lanterns, your shading and highlighting, the perfect round wheels,... all of it.... w.on.d.e.r.f.u.l!!!!

I like the sky. Although at first glace the painting is cute and has a bit of a happy feeling, overall it truly feels haunted and the sky is a big part of that feeling. Did I say that I really, really love it? All of it?
    Joan

• anjabee
    14 years ago

Now Belle....you know we want to see what you painted....not what Patricia Rawlinson did. ha You made it your own and that's what makes it special. I (having not seen her pattern for this) think it's absolutely perfect! The Halloween tray looks magical!
    The gingerbread trio looks gorgeous. So crisp and bright. I love it and all the trimmins you put inside each one. I swear those candy canes on the corners look so good they look like they have a 3D effect. Gives the illusion that they are really stuck on the corners. You did a great job. Be proud and I know they will do well at your raffle. ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Belle, wonderful projects! I agree with all the comments above. Love the gingers and candy canes, and the Halloween one looks so detailed. You did a beautiful painting job on them. (((Hugs & a big pat on the back!)))

Luvs

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Belle,
    What wonderful projects you've made. The little gingers are so cute and nicely finished. Did you go to the auction for them? If so, how did they go?

The Halloween scene is great and I think it turned out beautuful. I hope you are keeping this for yourself. It looks dimmensional. Looks like alot of painting time involved.

Keep up the good work. Punk

• pezabelle
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks you all for the kinds thoughts.

I am keeping the Halloween piece which is made on roclon or Black Out curtain material. And it works so nicely! It doesn't ravel. I don't know if I will frame it or make a wall hanging of it. I love doing pumpkins but these were the hardest I have ever done!!!It was really hard keeping them light in color.

As to the auction, my friend gathers all of the donations and I do the rest and this time we had over 100 items and made almost $2,000 dollars. My three donations were done as separate items and made $35.00 I bid on this lovely old measuring (glass) cup with a metal lid fitted with a hand egg beater. It went for $42.00 - DH just about kicked me for not bidding higher, but that's to high for a do dad. I did get a beautiful crystal little bowl like candle holder with gold trim and beautiful poinsettia's around the bowl. It was part of a two piece set and the winner gave it to me after one of the other helpers told her I was bidding just to get it, that was so nice! And I came away with several other items.

Anyway, my body hurts all over and I have stinky oysters in my fridge that I hope DS eats soon!

Belle

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Belle,
    Good to hear from you but sorry your hurting. I hope DS eats those stinky oysters too if you don't like them. However I don't think being rid of the oysters will help your hurting.

Sounds like your auction went well and I'm glad your keeping your halloween project.

Punk

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

The trio are cute but I'm nuts about that Halloween scene, it's adorable & beautifully done, I haven't done sky, or black sky I should say. Jan

• pezabelle
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Sunnyca.....the entire background is painted black then green for the landscape and actually Purple for the sky....then everything else is added.

I am going to do another one and try to keep it "cleaner" I think mine isn't sharp enough and it was fun except for the pumpkins. I will also use the other side of the cloths which is smoother and should be easier to shade.

Thanks for the nice comments.

Belle