Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Poinsettia plaques

luvstocraft
15 years ago

This pattern is from the December 2006 Painting magazine (yes, I save all my old magazines) It was shown hanging on the front of a basket and is by Lynne Deptula. I think I will just add a red or gold ribbon to hang it. I'm pleased with how it turned out, but certainly not nearly as good as the original! I'm not a very good photographer, had to do this without the flash to avoid the glare. Luvs

Comments (5)

• nancelee
    15 years ago

Luvs, All your painted items are great and I especially love the NOEL plaque. I also have saved that magazine (and many more) and have always wanted to paint that. Truly enjoyed seeing it. TFS

Nance

• phonegirl
    15 years ago

This turned out beautiful. Looks soft like velvet material. I think it will look good with a ribbon to hang it with or would be nice sitting with your Christmas displays. How bis is this sign and will it stand on it's own or is it 1/4"? Great job and thanks for posting. I have a pattern for some pink poinsettias but haven't come across it lately, when I do I plan to paint it to add to the office decor. Flower Power!!!

• pezabelle
    15 years ago

What beauties! And I really like the gold highlights. I have not done many flowers but loved doing them....need to put some on my short list!

Thanks for sharing your art work..

Belle

• anjabee
    15 years ago

Stop that negativity woman! ha They look great. Be proud of them! I like the gold too. Very Christmas-e. I think they will look nice hanging from the ribbon or even set on a plate holder. =) ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks everyone. They really do look better in person, but still not as good as the one in the magazine! Anj, I'm not being negative--just honest. ;o)

My first thought was to use them on an easel, but will do the ribbon so they can be used either way.

For some reason I have been attracted to some of the more realistic looking flowers and fruits this Fall--must be Painting Fool's influence on me! She does realistic things so well.

Luvs