Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Poinsettia plaques

Posted by luvstocraft (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 17, 08 at 14:15

This pattern is from the December 2006 Painting magazine (yes, I save all my old magazines) It was shown hanging on the front of a basket and is by Lynne Deptula. I think I will just add a red or gold ribbon to hang it. I'm pleased with how it turned out, but certainly not nearly as good as the original! I'm not a very good photographer, had to do this without the flash to avoid the glare. Luvs

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Poinsettia plaques

Luvs, All your painted items are great and I especially love the NOEL plaque. I also have saved that magazine (and many more) and have always wanted to paint that. Truly enjoyed seeing it. TFS

Nance

o

This turned out beautiful. Looks soft like velvet material. I think it will look good with a ribbon to hang it with or would be nice sitting with your Christmas displays. How bis is this sign and will it stand on it's own or is it 1/4"? Great job and thanks for posting. I have a pattern for some pink poinsettias but haven't come across it lately, when I do I plan to paint it to add to the office decor. Flower Power!!!

o

What beauties! And I really like the gold highlights. I have not done many flowers but loved doing them....need to put some on my short list!

Thanks for sharing your art work..

Belle

o

Stop that negativity woman! ha They look great. Be proud of them! I like the gold too. Very Christmas-e. I think they will look nice hanging from the ribbon or even set on a plate holder. =) ~Anj

o

Thanks everyone. They really do look better in person, but still not as good as the one in the magazine! Anj, I'm not being negative--just honest. ;o)

My first thought was to use them on an easel, but will do the ribbon so they can be used either way.

For some reason I have been attracted to some of the more realistic looking flowers and fruits this Fall--must be Painting Fool's influence on me! She does realistic things so well.

Luvs

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here