Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Four little ornaments

luvstocraft
15 years ago

Had picked up these little ornament shapes at a TS, then found these patterns by Lisa Kennedy in my December Painting magazine. Luvs

Comments (7)

• phonegirl
    15 years ago

Luvs, These ornaments are adorable. Keep painting!!!

• pezabelle
    15 years ago

How fun these are! You have been busy! Love the snow on the carrot of the snowman, and the pine needles are great...mine always turn out awful!

• anjabee
    15 years ago

Super cute! Are you using them as tags or ornies?? Good job on the greenery. =) ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Glad you all thought they were cute! I'll probably use a couple of them as tags on gifts of my homemade peanut brittle.

Do you gals put your name and the year on things you make like these? And what do you think of only one side having a design on it?

Luvs

• pezabelle
    15 years ago

I always try to put my initials and date on all pieces. If I am selling them I also add a clear, stick on, label giving my name, address and phone number. When I get new labels they will have my email addy instead of my home addy.

Putting a design on the back, for me, depends on what I think I will be doing with them. If they go against a wall, then I only base coat the back. But if both sides might be seen, I sketch the back and using the same painting instructions, paint the back, but not as detailed as the front. And if I am selling the piece, then I increase the price slightly. Ornaments are always painted on both sides.

• paintingfool
    15 years ago

Luvs, these are so sweet. I always sign my name and date my pieces - although sometimes the signature is very, very small. I have done some ornaments with only one side but I try to do both when possible. Like the rose ornament, I painted the rose on the front but the back I just painted leaves and berries. I don't mind buying them with painting on just the front but I never buy anything that has not at least been basecoated on the back. Keep posting those paintings, I love looking at them. B

Oh, I just posted my ornaments that I have painted over the past year on my blog - some you have seen and a few new ones.

http://brushedbyanangel.blogspot.com/

I would add it as a link but I don't know how to do that yet.

• anjabee
    15 years ago

I always try to remember to initial or sign mine and date them. Sometimes I do forget.
    I will basecoat the back of most of my stuff especially if I'm giving it as a gift.

Here's the link for you Bebe. You just put the website address into the "Optional Link URL" box below where you write your post then write whatever you want to call it in the "Name of the Link" box below that. =)
    I'm off to take a look. ~Anj

Here is a link that might be useful: Brushed by an Angel

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner