Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Three ornaments

Posted by luvstocraft (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 17, 08 at 14:05

Painted these three cute little guys from a Renee Mullins pattern in one of my magazines. My apologies to Renee, I know mine look no where nearly as good as hers! LOL

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Three ornaments

Luvs, They turned out great. What would you like to be different about them? Add a nose or mouth to the ginger? Don't sweat the small stuff and keep painting so we can enjoy. LOL

o

How darling! They are great and as phonegirl said in all in the enjoyment of the painting. I often paint duplicate items and no two ever turn out the same. To me, the artist who made the pattern/instructions just took my thoughts and saved me the trouble of working out the lines and colors. When I paint it..now it's mine not hers. And it will be different.

Belle

o

Well, I don't think they could look any better! Did you cut these out? I love Renee Mullins patterns, but it's always good to see your individual take on whatever pattern you use. I hardly ever use the same colors and there is almost always something that I change from the original too. I think they are really cute. How big are they? They are probably too big, but they would make cute pins. =) ~Anj

o

I love Renee Mullins patterns. Anj, these are about 31/2x 4 inches--could easily be made a bit smaller though. I did cut them out--really easy ones. Don't have any special plans for them, just made them because I liked them. Luvs

o

Luvs, they look adorable. The gingerbread looks like she is cold. Renee Mullins has the cutest patterns but like Anj says, you paint them as your own and always do such a nice job.
B

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here