Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phonegirl_gw

Santa Stops Here

phonegirl
15 years ago

Made this for GD. DH had Tues. off so he cut me out some stop signs. Not sure what I'll paint on the rest but here's Santa. I haven't put the final coat on but thought I'd post since I have time tonight.

Comments (4)

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

OMG! I have two friends who would love that Santa--just because he is purple! LOL Very cute. So what wood did your DH use? Is it out of plywood or the lighter weight Baltic Birch type wood? I've seen another pattern that is a Santa and has the same words--think it is in a Juliet Martin book, I'll have to see if I can find it. You sure do get things painted quickly Phonegirl. Good job! Luvs

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Luvs, Your to quick. I got on here to post another picture and you've already been here. This is cut out of a 1" pine board. I'll have to check out Juliet Martin and if she's the one that gave me the idea & try to find her book. Thanks for sharing that with me cuz all I had was the words. I drew this Santa and used eyes from a grandma pattern I had. Looking at him now I think I should of painted his moustache higher up on the right side or brought his hair in more. Oh well, on the next one, I'll try that. What do you think?

• anjabee
    15 years ago

Wow PG....you are just knocking out projects left and right. You did a great job on his face, especially given the fact that he was a she. ha That made me laugh. Great job integrating everything and making it your own. It's a wonderful sign. Can't wait to see what you do with the rest. ~Anj

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I'll try to post Santa again. I think Photobucket is trying to teach me patience.