Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pezabelle

Christmas Gift Tags

pezabelle
15 years ago

Just finished these for this years Christmas giving. They were really fun to do and took only two days to do 2 sets of each.

{{!gwi}}

If I do them again I will lighten the background, it doesn't allow all of the vines to show.

Sorry my photo skill aren't better....

Comments (15)

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

So glad you are getting in some painting time. These little faces are adorable--I love little snowmen, these look really cute in pairs. Would be cute for tree ornaments too I think.

So you're into Christmas painting already? I was just debating whether I should try to do a Thanksgiving projec this year, I don't have much for Thanksgiving.

Luvs

• phonegirl
    15 years ago

Those are just to cute. Everyone is so unique that I looked at them forever. Did you come up with all the expressions and eyes or does the artist get credit? Great job on all. I agree with Luvs, I'd use them as ornaments. Everyone will love getting one with their gift. I like the dark back ground but would probably be nice with a lighter one also.

• mimicat
    15 years ago

These are adorable!!! Did you just paint the background or are they stained?
    Tree ornies for certain....after all that work!!!

• mimicat
    15 years ago

Oh and I meant to ask....are they wooden? I am noticing that so many crafts on the board are.

• anjabee
    15 years ago

Oh, how cute Claudia!! My favorite is the one looking up. I think they would be great either way...ornies or gift tags. I need to get to Michaels and see if they have any of the wooden tags and get started on my Christmas ones. I like the dark background too, but I'm sure they'd look cute either way. Love snowmen! ~Anj

• pezabelle
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank You All for the kind words!

Phonegirl - just painted them as in the instructions, but need to get a new very fine brush for the coma's on the eyes - not happy with them.
    Minicat - the background is painted on, Milk Chocolate over Camel.
    Everyone - the tags were cut by my DH and are from door skin, a very thin, light weight plywood. The tags are not cut "perfect" which to me adds character. They are light enough to be use as ornaments as well as tags.

I did these to tweek my skills, which really need tweeking after being away from painting for so long.

• retiree43
    15 years ago

These tags are soooooo adorable. After puting all the effort into these beauties, they would definately have to hang on my tree - - for years to come. Don't think I have but five or six friends who could even begin to appreciate how great it would be to receive a gift as special as one of these tags. Are these cuties your very own design? If not, please share with us the name of the designer.

• pezabelle
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Isn't the pattern cute! I found this artist on eBay and didn't win the auction....but did get a second chance, needless to say they have lots of packets to sell, but I got it anyway. The artist is Beverly Kindred. I visited her website, www.pumpkinpatchdesigns.com, and purchased a couple other patterns. The hardest part is finding the paint but thank goodness I do have a conversion chart.

• anjabee
    15 years ago

Oh cool, I thought I had seen some like those before. I looked thru her site when I was updating the freebie list. She has some cute patterns. Don't you love those birds in the birdhouses?
    I've linked up her freebie page below. She has a couple of winter things there if anyone is interested.

Belle~Yours look just as wonderful as the artists do. =) BTW..your DH did a great job cutting the tags. They look perfect to me! ~Anj

Here is a link that might be useful: Beverly Kindred freebies

• colorgal
    15 years ago

These are all so cute!! Very nice!! I'm doing the same tags but I'm doing gingerbread men on them. I'm still working on them right now. I'm attaching them to card stock and sending them as Christmas cards to friends and family.

• phonegirl
    15 years ago

Your eyes look great but the finer and longer brushes are easier to paint eyes for me. Another idea would be to use a round brush. I dilute my blue paint to almost no color and do a comma stroke on which ever side, top or bottom I want the color and then add the white dot. If I am painting white, blue and black, I always float some blue across the white part also. Might want to try this until you get the brush you want. Can't wait to see your next project.

• luthien
    15 years ago

oh belle... they are totally adorable :) i could cuddle them! really really cute :) i've never painted things like these. but someday i'm gonna try. gingerbreads as well. the toning in these kind of painting always fascinates me... how do you make them so subtle yet so effective...:))))

• pezabelle
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thnak You all for the kind words!

Colorgal, I hope you share your cards with us, I would like to see the finished project!

To Luthien, I found out this past year you don't put off duing the things you really want to do! My new "ME" paints what makes me feel good and I am challenging myself to paint things that I think are beyond my reach...if I don't try I will never know what I can do! And if I can't do them then I will go on to the things I can do and be happy at having tried. As to the "subtle yet so effective" don't know where that came from. Mine are nothing like the artist who created them, and I hate to shade anything! I try to do to much to fast and end up taking it all off and starting over - think I would learn someday!

Belle

• luthien
    15 years ago

LOL! so true pezabelle :) the door skin thing is really interesting. he used an electric saw i guess... because the curves would be quite hard to cut with a handsaw. hmmm... i should get experimenting with the door skin... probably not too fancy cuts but if i cut successfully i will no longer have to buy ready cut compressed boards... they can be a bit expensive.

• diarich
    15 years ago

Those are really cute!!!
    I made painted name tags last year that doubled for ornaments. I like to make something differant each year.
    Hugs
    Diana

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County