Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anjabee

Glass Block JOY!

anjabee
13 years ago

Ok, here is my other project that I got finished. It's a design by Karen Wisner. It looked simple enough, but I had a hard time with it for some reason. Lots of little details. I'd just get frustrated with it and set it aside. I have been working on this thing for 2 winters and I wasn't gonna let it sit and stare at me for another. ha Hope y'all like it. ~Anj

Comments (9)

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Anj, it turned out just darling! I know what you mean about Karen Wisner designs--they are so cute, but I always pass them up because she puts so many things in them and I know I just don't have the patience! My congratulations on your perseverance in getting this one all painted. I really love it and all the colors are so pretty. What a great addition to your holiday decor! ;o)

On a side note, I was at a craft show just the other day and they had "plastic" blocks. Very light weight but looked just like the glass blocks, probably easier to drill as well. Have you seen those? I'll have to check a couple of the craft places and see who is carrying them.

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Oh Anj, this is Wonderful. I love Karen Wisner designs too. She does put alot of detail in her paintings. I'm glad to see you didn't let it kick your Butt! Beautiful job on those candy canes. They aren't the easiest to paint but yours are super.

Punk

• paintingfool
    13 years ago

Anj, this is great. The little details that had sidelined for so long made it worth the wait. You did a wonderful job. B

• pezabelle
    13 years ago

Anj.....you rock girl! This is awesome. Every detail just adds to the finished look and yours looks so good! The twigs are so well done and all of your line work.... question: do you put light inside or have a light shine through? If so, does it glow or highten the colors?

Thank You for sharing this and your witch!

Belle

• anjabee
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you all! I'm glad you liked it. I was so glad to finally get it finished. ha
    Luvs, I have seen the plastic blocks and I believe they have them at Hobby Lobby. I just never get over there much. I pick up these glass blocks at the TS for $1 when I find them. The lighter ones would sure be easier to store. ha
    Belle~ You could put a light in them if you wanted to. The ones I've done don't have them only because I have been waiting to order a light box from Rock Creek Emporium. It's a box that the lights go in and the glass blocks sit on top and the lights shine up thru them. You can change the blocks out. They have been out of them for a long time though. Need to try to figure out how to make one myself I guess. "/

• pezabelle
    13 years ago

Thanks, am going to the emportium to check out the lights.

Belle

• heartsandcrafts
    13 years ago

Anj, this is beautiful! I've never heard of Karen Wisner. I'll have to look for some of her books. I've painted a couple of glass blocks. The first one I made didn't have a hole to put the lights in - drilled it after painting and the block cracked :( Wish I had known about using a light box then LOL!

• jude3944
    13 years ago

Very cute. I have not painted in years you guys inspire me to do so again. Very cute

• anjabee
    Original Author
    13 years ago

We wish you would Jude!!! and Thank you! =)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz