Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phonegirl_gw

Snowman Crossing

phonegirl
15 years ago

I finished it and now I'm thinking it might be cute to do Valentine's Day & Easter. HA HA

Comments (10)

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

Are you making the little signs to paint? I think that is why I never painted them--didn't have the little signs. You are doing a really nice job on all of them. Do you cut your own wood too? Luvs

• luthien
    15 years ago

hahaha! they are soooo cute :) especially like bluey! hmmm... Christmas mood is in the air! hugs, luthien :)

• anjabee
    15 years ago

Wow you are putting me to shame! You are kicking these out so fast and they are all so darn cute! You are getting me into the Christmas mood now. Better hurry up with these leftover fall things and move on to Christmas or I'll be out of time. ~Anj

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks for all your nice comments. My DH cuts all my projects and yes Luvs he makes my signs. It's not always easy to get him to make things like this but he does enjoy his saws.

He is going to start cutting signs out of metal with his new plasma cutter so I'm excited about that. Through the years I have copied and drew out signs for him to cut so I hope he still has them. I want him to do some with wood frames and insert the metal.

I wanted to add 5-7 white christmas balls to my snowman crossing but they are all out in the shop so I used 1 white and 2 silver for now. I will probably replace them once I bring in all my Christmas things. I wanted to use batting or something instead of greenery but didn't want to go get that either so thought maybe this would inspire me enough to make another later. Also thought about having DH cut some balls together and sit snowmen on them under the sign. So many ideas and so little crafting time. Sigh! I live 60 miles from any craft stores so can't just run and get what I want at the time.

I seriously would like your comments on what you two would have put on there to make this. If I would of had blue ribbon I would of used that. My DD called today and was picking up some with little snowmen on it so that would be cool. huh? She wants to do her tree in blue this year so she wants me to make her two big bows with long ribbon going down. Maybe there will be enough for me!

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

The only "extra" I can think of that would go with the "theme" is to maybe add a bit of faux "snow" to the tips of some of the branches of the greenery, and maybe substitute a red ornament for the white one at the bottom so you have the red on the sign, snowman and at the bottom. That is sure going to look cute as a centerpiece or even on a side table or buffet.

You are so fortunate to have a DH who enjoys cutting and putting things together for you. Mine will help if I have a problem, but it's sure not his thing.

Luvs

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Luvs, I knew you would have an idea and thank you so much for your ideas. I really like both of them and may do that. I'll post a pic for you ok? LOL This forum is the greates.

• anjabee
    15 years ago

Hey...sorry I missed this yesterday. I think it looks good as is, but it would also look good with more snow on it...whether with the snow tipping the tree branches, more white balls or even the little snowflake ornies you can get 20 for $1 at the $1 stores or Walmart around Christmas. Snowmen love snow!! ha
    ~Anj

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Anj,
    I agree and will perfect my next one since I already gave that one away. If I'm going to keep painting I have to give some away so I have room for more.
    DH had another day off so I came home to two large stacks of wood cutouts tonight. I should of been base coating but I finished, well almost finished another snowman project. You'll see.
    I have so many more to paint that I may have to save some for next year.HA HA
    However our trip for this weekend has been cancelled since DD has tests to finish at the U of M this weekend. She will be able to sell insurance and anuities and she is a go getter so she thinks she needs more than the degrees she already has. She inherited this from her uncle that owns a cusulting firm in SF I'm sure. He's always going back for more schooling and encourages everyone to do so.
    The good news is we will get to spoil our GD so that will be GREAT!

• colorgal
    15 years ago

You do wonderful work!! I love the blue snowman!!! He is so cute!! Makes me want to get working on my Christmas stuff.

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Colorgal, Thank you so much for the nice compliment on my work. I'm just having so much fun painting again.

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio