Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anjabee

Scarecrow, Turkey & Pumpkin

anjabee
14 years ago

This is from a book that I got at the TS for 25 cents called Greetings by Rebecca Carter. It's called Turkey Blessings because that's what was on the sign in the book, but I changed it. I kinda overspeckled my sign.

There are a couple of more cute ones in this that I'll have to work on next year.

Comments (7)

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Anj,

This sign is so cute and has alot of detail. Great job painting and all that raffia you added looks super. I think it's the pumpkin saying "Happy Fall Ya'All". You can just see it in his expression. TFS Punk

• citytransplant(zone5)
    14 years ago

How sweet! You did a great job at showing all of the interesting things to look at. Punk is right, the rafia really makes a difference. Love the pumpkin, the scarcrow is adorable and the goofy turkey... well that is over the top.

Joan

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Cute! I like all the details you added like the raffia too, and that expression on the turkey is priceless!

So did it feel good to finally have a little painting time again? You sure painted up a storm--three projects in one day! Wow!

Luvs

• pezabelle
    14 years ago

Anj....you are a blesssing! Such a fun grouping and I like the change in the saying!!!!!!!

Everything looks so good....lots of different techniques...and all done so very well! I really like that you changed things to fit your personality! Thank you for sharing and bringing a smile to my face.

Belle

• anjabee
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks and glad ya'll liked this. I just did the raffia just like it had it in the book, although hers looked a little stiffer than mine.
    Luvs..I did enjoy my painting day! I've missed it so much!

• paintingfool
    14 years ago

Looks really good to me. I love looking at what yall have done because I rarely paint anything for the fall.

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Bebe, do you just go from Halloween right into Christmas there in Florida? I usually decorate for Fall about when school starts in September, then add in some Halloween, take that back down and keep the Fall until after Thanksgiving. I really love Fall when our temps cool down and the winds blow all the smog away so the air is clear and crisp.

And I love the faces on the scarecrows--they just make me smile!

Luvs

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm