Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Scarecrow, Turkey & Pumpkin

Posted by anjabee (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 9, 09 at 16:24

This is from a book that I got at the TS for 25 cents called Greetings by Rebecca Carter. It's called Turkey Blessings because that's what was on the sign in the book, but I changed it. I kinda overspeckled my sign.
There are a couple of more cute ones in this that I'll have to work on next year.

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Scarecrow, Turkey & Pumpkin

Anj,

This sign is so cute and has alot of detail. Great job painting and all that raffia you added looks super. I think it's the pumpkin saying "Happy Fall Ya'All". You can just see it in his expression. TFS Punk

o

How sweet! You did a great job at showing all of the interesting things to look at. Punk is right, the rafia really makes a difference. Love the pumpkin, the scarcrow is adorable and the goofy turkey... well that is over the top.

Joan

o

Cute! I like all the details you added like the raffia too, and that expression on the turkey is priceless!

So did it feel good to finally have a little painting time again? You sure painted up a storm--three projects in one day! Wow!

Luvs

o

Anj....you are a blesssing! Such a fun grouping and I like the change in the saying!!!!!!!

Everything looks so good....lots of different techniques...and all done so very well! I really like that you changed things to fit your personality! Thank you for sharing and bringing a smile to my face.

Belle

o

Thanks and glad ya'll liked this. I just did the raffia just like it had it in the book, although hers looked a little stiffer than mine.
Luvs..I did enjoy my painting day! I've missed it so much!

o

Looks really good to me. I love looking at what yall have done because I rarely paint anything for the fall.

o

Bebe, do you just go from Halloween right into Christmas there in Florida? I usually decorate for Fall about when school starts in September, then add in some Halloween, take that back down and keep the Fall until after Thanksgiving. I really love Fall when our temps cool down and the winds blow all the smog away so the air is clear and crisp.

And I love the faces on the scarecrows--they just make me smile!

Luvs

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here