Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pezabelle

My Three Scarecrows

pezabelle
14 years ago

I stole the pattern idea from Luvs painting but as no two painter paint the same way....Luvs is fun and bright where as mine is tooooooooo fussy!

These were fun to do and I tried some new brush strokes and techniques, especially dry brushing....really fun. And Luvs...you made me stop and think about what "What can I do with this?" Thank you!

Belle

{{!gwi}}

Comments (7)

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Sure turned out cute, Belle. I like the colors and you sure did an excellent job on them.

I just gave mine away yesterday to a long time friend of mine when we met for lunch. She was so thrilled with it that it really made my day! :o)

What do you have planned for your's? Did you cut out the scarecrows from thinner wood then mount them on the other board? There are really so many ways to use a pattern if we just think about it a bit, aren't there?

Luvs

• anjabee
    14 years ago

Well now I'll have to go back and look at Luv's again, but your's looks really great to me. I don't think it's fussy at all. Looks very crisp and bright.
    So what have you done to it. I see screws on the side? Did you make it into a box? Give us the details. ha

• paintingfool
    14 years ago

I think I am beginning to love scarecrows. The colors are great and I love the kernels on the corn. Did I miss Luvs scarecrow? I will have to go back and look but I already know it will look great cause she always does a beautiful job.

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Belle, your scarecrows are darling and Do Not look fussy, you silly girl. Your kernels look great and you must of been glad when they were finished painting those. Tell us about all your new strokes and techniques you used . Punk

• pezabelle
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you all for the kind words.

Anj. They are sitting on a little adjustable "thingy" my DH made after he say me hunched over my work. It raises the piece I am working on just enough to make it easier. The screws allow it to move up or down. I do have a drafter's table but there is still some things that are at a wrong angle for my creaky old bones.

When I was looking at the kernels in the picture I thought about how I eat my corn...now don't laugh....I eat them in rows....OK stop laughing...so I painted mine in rows... Come on..its not that funny!

Luvs...I'm glad you like mine cause I really like yours! I made it out of 3/4" pine and will sit him on my potter's bench which also serves as an outdoor food prep area....I don't actually use it for potting flowers.

Bebe... I remember our fall's in San Jose, CA...no real season changes and how can it be Christmas when it is still in the 60's and 70's and no snow ever. Here, we don't get the beautiful fall colors as some states do, but some is better than none! But right now with snow coming today I would take your weather!

Again...thanks

Belle

• citytransplant(zone5)
    14 years ago

Belle,

They are so cute. Love the dreamy eyes! It looks as if they are thinking about a thankgiving feast... the turkey...the pie. Mmmm, I can almost smell it. Great job!

Joan

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Belle, your little things DH built you sounds interesting, anything to help us work.LOL I think I can see you painting your kernels thinking about eating. I don't know how you would paint it any other way. Thanks for the laugh. I might have this pattern, and if I do, I'll try to get it painted someday. If I do, it's in a book because I don't buy magazines any more.

Punk

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH