Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phonegirl_gw

Reindeer Crossing

phonegirl
15 years ago

The reindeer crossing arrangement is from Country Dumplins by Pat McClure and Budding Blessings & Rosie Winters by Michelle Almeida. I put together what I wanted to paint so it isn't like the one in the book. I had the little reindeer on right side from House of Lloyd so I added it. I have more things I could add around but they are still stored away.

href="http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii72/phonegirl_photos/?action=view&current=IMG_3293.jpg"; target="_blank">

Comments (12)

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

This is my snowman project I painted today. Since no one has been on here I thought I'd add this picture on the same post. If I'd known it was going to be a slow day, I would of waited to post the reindeer crossing. How about tag, your it. Ha Ha

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

Hi Phonegirl, I've been gone all day, big retirement dinner for a bunch of the railroaders.

I have that Pat McClure book--I've always wanted to do that reindeer crossing sign, but have never gotten it done. Your's sure does look cute. Nice job on the painting. I love that cute little reindeer peeking out at the bottom of your arrangement too.

And your happy winter sign is just darling! I have a soft spot for happy little snowmen! LOL Love the way you have the snow on the letters too.

Wow! I really need to get busy. Actually there are two Halloween things I need to finish up for a friend, then I can move on to other things, probably Christmas. I love doing Christmas things, don't you?

Luvs

• pezabelle
    15 years ago

Hello Phonegirl....what a beautiful way to get into the Holiday Spirit. You reideer eyes are super! And I too love the little guy peeking out from under the greenery.

Can't wait to see more!

Belle

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Luvs, Is your DH still working or do you still go to the parties to help celebrate others retirements? My son worked for Montana Rail Link on a gang and then in the office doing there IT work before he started his own business. They are a great co. to be a part of here in MT.
    I just tried to enlarge my snowman sign and it seems as though Photobucket is being naughty again. I finsihed my snowman crossing so I'll repost with it and see. You know you LOVE snowmen so maybe you should make a snowman crossing instead of the reindeer crossing. However you didn't make a spook crossing and you love Halloween projects. Your so fun....

Belle, it's great to have you here with us and thanks for the nice comments. What r u working on now? Your the one who inspired me to finish these snowman projects, with your cute little snowmen. Thanks!

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

My DH just retired this year, and this is an annual party for all the current and past retired railroaders. Many come who have not yet retired too since it is a chance to visit with friends they used to work with.

You are so right! I love snowmen, scarecrows, raggedys, really anything with a cute little face! LOL Yep, that Spook Crossing sign in that book is darling too. I'm sure not nearly as fast at painting as your are though. ;o)

Luvs

• anjabee
    15 years ago

Another cute project. I'll just let ya know I'm the slowest painter here. Probably has something to do with my addiction to tiny brushes. ha I'm loving seeing all your projects though. I'll try to speed things up on my end. ~Anj

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Anj, I don't think you are a slow painter but sometimes we have to take care of the family (cooking, cleaning, laundry,etc.) LOL
    My husband was gone alot hunting lately so other than the nights I had clients I could clean, paint and eat oatmeal for dinner. You understand, not spend 1-2 hours in the kitchen.
    I would rather paint larger items than smaller also. I generally have about 6 projects going so I can paint on what I'm in the mood for. This is why I ended up with so many lately.
    I don't like to post so many but if I don't they will be gone or I won't be able to keep up. If you get tired of looking let me know and I'll stop posting.

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

Tired of looking????? You must be kidding. We live for seeing lots and lots of pics of the projects people paint! LOL It has been a bit of a challenge to keep this forum going, and we are so happy that you and several others are now joining in and sharing your projects and great ideas.

I remember when painting was so popular and we had lots of little shops where you could stop in and see samples of projects, buy books and supplies and even take a class. Sometimes, I'd stop to browse just so I could talk to other painters! Most all of those are gone now, which makes me so sad. (DH assures me it is not my fault because I always spent money there!) LOL

So please keep painting, posting your pics for us to enjoy, and coming to chat with us.

Luvs

• anjabee
    15 years ago

Heck no...don't you dare stop posting!! ha We are excited with all the activity! Just makes me want to paint more and am frustrated that I don't get to do it as much as I want to. It's great when everyone is posting projects and there is something new to see every week. Keep it up girl! Paint and post away!

Luvs~ I am sad to see all the painting shops and boutiques going down and the places that sell are cutting down their inventories. Hardly any new books anymore. And I miss the painted samples too. So happy we have this forum to still get ideas from each other and look to our hearts content. ha I'm still hoping for a new generation of interest to get things going again so teach your kids and grandkids and all their friends to paint! ha
    ~Anj

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I agree the nice painting shops are history. We have one called the Treasure Chest in Missoula and they are wanting to sell with no luck. They no longer have painting classes becuz there's not enough interest. They sell all kinds of crafts, Wilton and candy molds and the little cars that are remote that cost around $1000 (I think they are nitro) I know this cuz DS has a couple. I'm sure the only reason they are still in business is because they are so established.
    I better quite yaking on here and get some painting done. HA HA

• colorgal
    15 years ago

Another nice project you painted. I think if you changed out the antlers for ears you could use these for Easter bunnies.

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Colorgal, Thanks for the comment on this. I think you could be right. I have thought about making these for other Holidays. Should I use a twig tree and easter eggs and grass or what would you use? I do have alot of cute books with bunnies so I need to start thinking about what would look cute on one. Maybe a grass wreath with eggs hanging down as part of it?