Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anjabee

Windy Witch

anjabee
13 years ago

This is my little Halloween picture that I finally got finished up. I was having a bit of trouble with getting a good shot. Camera is picking up the background weird. It doesn't look like that at all. And I had to take it kind of at a side angle cause the flash was making it shiny. This is the best one of the bunch that I took.

This is a Monika Brint design from an Oct 2009 Create and Decorate Magazine. I painted it on a canvas that I picked up at the TS for $1. I am really starting to like her patterns. Have a few more I have earmarked to paint. The canvas has a hanger on the back, but I think I might like it hanging from a ribbon. ~Anj

Comments (5)

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Yea, you finally got to finish up some projects! I know you have been wanting to paint for quite some time now. Your painting skills didn't get rusty, you did an excellent painting job on this. I really like the background on this one--makes it even more spooky!

I always think Monika Brint's designs are "unusual" but still cute in a weird sort of way! LOL I can totally see you liking them allot--after all, you are a big John Sliney fan! ;o) I still remember those neat "monsters" you painted last year.

Nice to have you back with us, hope you and DH are feeling lots better again.

Hugs, Luvs

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Anj, Windy Witch is so cute and it looks like the wind is really blowing in this picture. I really like this painting. Everything on it is just darling.

Punk

• paintingfool
    13 years ago

Anj, this is really cute. I have never heard of the designer but she does good work.
    B

• anjabee
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks you guys. I'm glad y'all liked her. There is another one similar to this that I want to paint too. I was thinking about doing some of these up for the fall boutique that my friend has asked me to be in next year. =) I do like her designs because they are a little unusual Luvs.

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Anj, I think it's a great idea to use some of her patterns for projects. As you stated they are different and will call attention from those who are use to the other type of paintings. Hope you do some more to share with us here.

Punk