Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pezabelle

Flag & Ornaments

pezabelle
14 years ago

Sorry about the quality of the photo's! The flag does not show the shading but was a fun/fast project for a friend.

The ornaments are this year addition to the 18 year collection. They were taken from Quick & Easy Christmas Ornaments and designed for tin pockets. I did not like the the two toned color on wood so I blended it down a lot and changed the faces, one for each family grouping.

Thanks for taking a look!

Belle

{{!gwi}}

Comments (7)

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

OMG! Belle, those little faces just brought a big smile to my face as soon as I saw them. You did a wonderful job painting them, and your "peppermint" part looks so pretty too.

Did you paint these on tin or wood? If it's wood, how did you do the peppermint section? They are just so cute. That is a really nice flag too--maybe quick and easy to paint--but would take awhile to cut out and wire together, huh? Your friend will love it, and all your family will be so pleased with these little gingy ornaments. :o)

Luvs

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Belle,

Just wonderful to see your projects. Such a neat flag you cut out and painted. I made some hearts like that a few years ago but don't know where they are.

Your little ginger ornaments are so cute. I just love those faces and you did an excellent job on the faces and candy cane stripes.

Punk

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Belle,

Forgot to ask if these little Gingers are JMP? That's some fancy wiring you've done there. Punk

• anjabee
    14 years ago

Love your chunky flag Belle. I love anything Americana.

And Awwwww! on those adorable gingerbread faces! So so so darn cute! Fantastic job on the candy cane part! I have struggled with those a few times. They are just perfect!

~Anj

• pezabelle
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you all for the sweet words! The flag was one I made years ago and is cut from one piece of wood...gosh that doesn't make sense. It's like a puzzle - it will fit together if you remove the wire. My GF just want it 18" long so I made it bigger, might do one for my deck.

The gingerbread kids were fun and I loosely borrowed the shape of the faces from JMP. The canes were a bear. I purchased some tape from PR and it is 1/4" wide and wrapped around the dowel very well and no bleeding, thank goodness. Free handing the stripes was the hardest as the dowel is round. This was the first year I got to see the children receive their ornies and it was wonderful. Each of the kids have their favorites from past years which is awesome to this kid. The 7 year old girl informed me nicely that I would also be making them for her children and she likes the snowmen best.

Belle

• paintingfool
    14 years ago

Belle, the little gingerbread are darling. And your candy cane is flawless. If you ever have a problem with the paint bleeding under the tape, this is a trick I learned from a professional wall painter. He said to seal the tape with a faux glazing compound. You can buy Americana Faux Glazing at Michaels, Joanns, or Hobby Lobby. It is less than $2 and it really works. I never have paint seep under my tape when I want to paint stripes.

You did a great job.

• pezabelle
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Bebe....thank you for the tip! I have the glazing but never thought about using it this way. I know that you can use the base paint and paint a light coat over the tape, this seals the edge , but you really have to be careful when you peel off the tape. This tape is made for painting and needs to be stretched as you apply it. Can't believe I have used almost the whole roll in only a couple of month.

Belle

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor