Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Santa duo

Posted by luvstocraft (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 30, 09 at 10:26

Here's a pic of the two Santas I just completed. You may remember them since I made one last year and gave it as a gift. This is a fast, easy pattern from one of Susan Jill Hall's books. Luvs

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Santa duo

Luvs....they are so cute! I like how their hair jets out from under their hats and the eyes....with the whispy eye lashes....anyone receiving one will be tickled pink!

Belle

o

Oh how sweet! I don't remember these from last year but then it's been a year and that's along time to try to remember.LOL Did you paint the hat red last year also?

I like how the wood grain shows on the beard and the different colored fur is nice. So glad you got these posted and they didn't get ruined in the rain.

Punk

o

I really don't remember these either, but they sure are cute so I should have. ha I love the little cutouts on the beard. Great detail. I like how the woodgrain shows thru as well. One of those is a keeper right? Great job! ~Anj

o

Love the expressions, the wood grain and the notches cut in the beard really are great ideas, the holly and mustache give it dimension. Very nice, very nice!

How are you going to use them?

Joan

o

Yes, I plan to keep one of them. The other one will probably be given away. I just added silk holly and berries, but the actual design had a wooden cutout. I was just too lazy to mess with going out and cutting any, and this gives even more dimension anyway! LOL I like this pattern since it is easy to cut out and a fast paint as well. Luvs

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here