Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phonegirl_gw

Dear Santa Angels

phonegirl
15 years ago

I wanted to paint "NO PEEKING" on one of these and forgot until I already had these sayings traced on. So I may paint one more that has that saying on it. This is what happens when I have to work and leave projects unfinished. Think this is where Old Timers comes in? ha ha

This is a pattern for a memory book by Lou Ann Stenberg. The name of the book is The Holiday Brush Vol.III. I am going to try to remember to post where the patterns I paint come from in case anyone wants to buy them. Let me know if this is a good idea cuz I'd likt to know who all of you use for painting your projects. Sometimes it's fun to see how different a project looks with using our individual taste on color choice.

Comments (7)

• anjabee
    15 years ago

Darn, can't see the close up! Can't see what the signs say or any details, but they look pretty cute from here. ha I like how you made them different. You are bringing purple back. ha I'm starting to get visions of a purple and red Christmas. ha
    I like knowing where the patterns come from so I can look up the artists for patterns for other holidays too. I try to remember to put them on my posts too.
    I better get to painting so I can catch up with you. ha
    ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

Wow! You are really painting up a storm, Phonegirl. Three projects in such a short time!

Photobucket has been acting up lately and the "click to enlarge" sometimes doesn't work. We can try back later, and maybe it will be working.

I like to know what artist's designs inspire a project too. And I love to see how each painter makes little changes and adds their own personal touch. I do that allot, but mine is usually just to "simplify" it a bit! Sometimes my final project will hardly resemble the original one--more from my lack of skill than any desire on my part to paint it differently! LOL

So are these little angels going to be gifts for someone? I sure need to get busy on painting some more gift items too. So glad you are painting and sharing with us--hopefully it will shame me into getting busy so I'll have something to share soon too! ;o)

Luvs

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hopefully this will load right so it can be enlarged. The other ones will let you click now, so here goes another try.

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

They enlarged this time! Thank you for reposting. Even when I had tried the control key-mouse roller trick, they wouldn't enlarge clear enough for me to read the signs.

They are very cute, and will get lots of comments from your friends and family I'm sure.

Luvs

• luthien
    15 years ago

my goodness! your paintings are all soooo cute :D and i love the messages on the hearts! so so remind me of what my notorious 3 year old will do after she's committed a 'crime'! *sigh* are you giving them away as gifts? what a lot of effort and love! your friends better appreciate them :DDD i'm still thinking of what gifts to make this year...

• anjabee
    15 years ago

Thanks for reposting...I can see them now too. How darling. Love the signs. ~Anj

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Not sure what the plan is for the turquoise one but I'm sure I'll give one of my clients the purple one as part of her Christmas present. She has a purple-liac bedroom and bath and I painted her light switch to match for her last year. She collects angels so this should work.
    I may put the other one on a wreath.
    I cut out several patterns today for DH to cut so I can start several projects again. I did paint some on another snowman sign. Luvs, I liked the snow I added to the wording on the snowman sign to so will probably do that again. It's so fast to just drag white paint across the tops of the letters. I won't get so carried away with the snow flakes on this one. It's not a good idea to make the little lines and add dots later. To many years since I've painted these.
    Happy Painting