Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Project using chalkboard paint

luvstocraft
15 years ago

Sorry for the picture quality, I wanted to get a pic before time for the little Trick or Treaters tonight.

I tried the spray on chalkboard paint on this little metal tray. Had to "season" it by rubbing chalk all over it then erasing--unfortunately my only eraser belongs to little GD and it was pretty chalky! Anyhow it will be a blacker background once I erase it better.

I think this will be cute propped on a little picture easel sitting on the kitchen counter or table.

Luvs

Comments (7)

• phonegirl
    15 years ago

Oh Luvs, That is great. I didn't even know they made chalk board paint. Does your tray have the cutouts around it or did you paint it like that? Your right it would look cute propped up or hung any where. How fun.

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Phonegirl, the little tray came with the cutouts, was just one I'd picked up at a TS. Nice to know the chalkboard paints works, I'll have to think of other projects to use it on.

Luvs

• anjabee
    15 years ago

How CUTE!! I love it. Excellent to hang year round. If you could fit a pretty ribbon thru the holes I think it would look good hung that way too. You did an awesome job on the vine and the little bluebird and I love the tray you chose. Very pretty with the lace edging. ~Anj

• pezabelle
    15 years ago

Luv.....my first post seems to have gotten lost!

You chalkboard tray is so great! And is not just for "one" season, erase the message and you are ready for the next season or everyday use.

Was the chalkboard paint easy to use? Where did you find it? I had thought about using it on the back of my Christmas tags to make them re-usable. Chalk in a name and then erase it for next year.

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Pezabelle, I bought it at Walmart around $3.00 for the can. I've heard that it also comes in a brush on, but I've not looked for that.

Would be a good idea for your tags, I've heard that you can get it in colors other than black too--might need to look someplace like Lowe's or Home Depot, or maybe the craft store for a bigger selection.

Luvs

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Just had to share this with all of you. I erased the Halloween message and told DH we could use it for little messages for holidays or just to each other. The next morning I woke up to find this on my little chalkboard! He used to write these on everything when we were dating--almost 43 years later, and he still does! ;o) Luvs

• phonegirl
    15 years ago

Luvs, That is priceless. I love it that he would still have such a cute little way after 43 years of showing his love for u. It looks great since you wiped it off and it is personalized with the heart on it. I think I would seal it and never write on it again. Guess you know what that means???? Time to paint another one. LOL