Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phonegirl_gw

Ginger Ornaments

phonegirl
14 years ago

You all know I dislike painting ornaments but I finished these except for varnish and I must admit I'm thrilled to be done. Don't know if you remember me posting all of the things DH cut out last year but I still have oodles of these shapes to paint. Thought I might use these on some of my gifts or tree this year.

Punk

Comments (13)

• pezabelle
    14 years ago

Punk.....they are awesome! Not only do all of the gingers blend together, but the edging as well. I have never seen the edging style before and it is so cool. Congrads to you DH for all of the hard work as well, do you have a laser saw? Sure looks like it. They are all so cute! You have been busy...anyone one receiving them will be thrilled.

I have used tags for years and just place a strip of tape on the back, add a name and cover all with another piece of scotch tape. (remember to fold under one end for easy removal) The tape comes right off and the tag can be used again as gift tags or find a new home on a tree.

Thanks for sharing!

Belle

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Punk, you have really been on a roll! Can't believe you got so many of these done--way to go! They are really cute and I'm sure will make your presents or tree look extra special. Luvs

• anjabee
    14 years ago

Lots of ornies...and you know I love gingers. Wasn't it you who said you don't like the tiny work? Well, ya did a great job on them and quick as usual. They will really look darling on a tree or package this year. Great job DH on the shapes.

• paintingfool
    14 years ago

These are darling. Love the expressions on their faces. Your hubby did a great job cutting them out.

• citytransplant(zone5)
    14 years ago

Awww, the happy little gingers are so cute! Lucky the person that gets one for a gift tag! Joan

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Good Morning Anj, PF and Joan, Thanks all of you for your sweet comments. As I just looked I hope these look far better when varnished. DH said he would drill for the lighter background ones if I want. I had thought of using these for coasters if not. PF, I'll tell DH you thought he done a dandy job cutting.

Looking forward to seeing more projects soon. I have company coming today so I won't be painting.

Punk

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

Adorable!! love the expressions on their faces!! The edges are nice too. Jan

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Oh my goodness! What happened to my picture???

• pezabelle
    14 years ago

Punk.....this seems to happen a lot on older posts, don't know why. Did you remove them from your photobucket or move them to another area? I might go there and mess around to see if I can "make" this happen and if not there has to be a Q & A section somewhere.....maybe I can find the answer there.

Belle

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Punk, I'm still seeing your picture here. They were having some problems on Gardenweb and had lost a few pages for a day or two, but I think that is fixed now.

On Photobucket, anytime you move a picture or delete a picture, it will break the link to wherever you have posted it. That's why when you look at the really old pictures on here, you will often only see a red x.

Luvs

• charinky
    14 years ago

All of these are absolutely adorable.

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Charinky,
    Thank you so much for your sweet comment. It's just wonderful to have you joining us here. We can always use support like this.LOL

Luvs,
    I've went back and reposted some of my pictures so they will show up. However, my albums are not staying private even though I have saved them as such. Any ideas why? I will never put my pictures in albums again.

Punk

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Punk, I've never put mine in albums--mainly because I had already posted them on GW and knew it would mess them up if I did! If you've marked them private, what makes you think they are not? Don't go by whether you can see them--have your daughter try it and see. You will always be able to see the whole thing because it's your album.

Luvs