Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Last Halloween project for 2008

luvstocraft
15 years ago

Well, I quickly painted up this little sign. Not my best work, but mainly did it to be funny. I hung it on my side yard gate so anyone driving/walking by, pulling into the driveway, or my neighbor will get to see it. Please note that there are two dogs normally at that gate barking at anyone who gets close, so the sign could have a dual meaning! LOL

Comments (12)

• bettyd_z7_va
    15 years ago

So.... Do they bite?

Anyway, the sign is darling.

Betty

• donnawb
    15 years ago

Cute sign.

• phonegirl
    15 years ago

That's a great sign for a gate with dogs behind it. To funny. I used to paint that same design on pumpkins for display a few years back. Was is in a Craft magazine? I don't remember where I got it but I like it.

• oldalgebra
    15 years ago

Luvs,
    That's so cute. Now I'm going to look for a sign for my side yard gate at the After Halloween Sales.

• jamie_mt
    15 years ago

I love it! Wonderful way to close out the year! :-)

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks all, glad you enjoyed seeing it. No, Betty, my dogs don't/won't bite--they are Golden Retrievers--but at least they "sound" vicious when they bark! LOL

Phonegirl, this was a pattern I had torn out of an old magazine and filed away. It did show it painted on a pumpkin. Nice easy pattern, isn't it?

OA, we should be seeing lots of good sales on Saturday, don't you think? I need to remember to stop at Michael's and Big Lots to see what's left that I might want for next year.

Luvs

• Sandi_W
    15 years ago

Luvs,

That sign is just too cute. And love the double meaning since your 2 babies are behind the gate.

• pezabelle
    15 years ago

Love your sign! I can just see people walking by and reading your sign and chuckling! We live in a very rural area, and are considered the "old" couple by those around us and I still decorate the yard for each holiday. It's just fun! And to me, that is what painting is and should be - fun!

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Pezabelle, I totally agree with you--it is supposed to be fun! We have a real mixed neighborhood of ages and nationalities here in So. Calif. I always wonder if the neighbors think I'm a crazy old lady with my little painted signs on my lamppost and gates--and my little stakes in the flower beds. My two closest neighbors seem to enjoy it, and I know the kids like it--so that's all that really matter. Figure I'd better do it now because someday I won't have the energy or inclination anymore! LOL

Thanks for the nice comments Sandi, I know you enjoy creative things and make lots of great things yourself.

Luvs

• anjabee
    15 years ago

I'm here finally! ha Love your sign! Love the background color and that little bat it too cute. Yes, anyone who knows your dogs will get a special kick out of it. ha They might lick you to death, but never bite. ha It's great. ~Anj

• socalgirl_2008
    15 years ago

Love your sign. I have that saying painted on a purple bat.
    People always smile when they see it. I also have a golden. The joke is she will help the burglar carry stuff out of the house.LOL

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks Anj and Socalgirl, I can tell you two know all about Goldens. They are such people loving dogs--my two sure have us trained just the way they want us!

I like the idea of this saying on a big bat--cute!

Luvs