Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phonegirl_gw

Turkeys ready to give Thanks

phonegirl
15 years ago

I will keep one for myself and give one to a friend. I thought about making a sign above that said "We Give Thanks to Thee" but I have decided to use this as is for this season. It's hard to believe Friday is Halloween.

Comments (5)

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

Very cute little turkeys, Phonegirl. Are you going to hang them up or put them on a wooden stake. Yes, you can always add a little sign later if you want to. Luvs

• pezabelle
    15 years ago

Great Turkeys! I love the "fat" body. The eyes are soooo good!

For so long it was so very hard to find Thanksgiving decorations to paint (or they were not worth painting)your's is such a good addition!

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Luvs, I should do more with them but I have so many projects started right now that I don't dare ask hubby to make anything else. Maybe before Thanksgiving I'll get caught up and he'll be ready to cut. I want him to cut out some snowmen for my snowman crossing and he hasn't attempted (even though I sent the patterns out with him) so I can take a hint.
    Pezabelle, I agree with you that the turkey patterns have improved through the years. I haven't decorated for Thanksgiving like I do the other holidays. We don't stay home for Thanksgiving so I wonder if that could be part of the reason I don't decorate as much. I bought some pumpkins at Costco this year that I can keep out until Thanksgiving so I'm improving too. LOL

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

You ladies should stop by the Holidays forum too, lots of decorating going on over there right now for Halloween, and soon we'll be seeing some for Thanksgiving too, I'm sure.

I have several patterns for Pilgrims and turkeys that I've always meant to get made, but still haven't. You are right, there are allot of cute ones available now.

• anjabee
    15 years ago

I thought I posted to this already. Grrr

They are very cute PG. I like the green coated one best. I have quite a few wooden Turkeys that I painted last year to decorate with, but I have started a ceramic pilgrim bear couple. Will I get them done in time for Thanksgiving?? Who knows. ha I'm always behind. =) ~Anj