Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pezabelle

Pumpkin Wreath

pezabelle
14 years ago

Just finished this from one of Tuttles Touches. Not my best work, but was fun. Her colors sure look better in the book than on wood....might do over in my own colors. This was the first time I used a mop brush to soften the shading, not sure I really like the process, it seems to muddy the colors. So am I doing something wrong? Over working it?

Belle

{{!gwi}}

Comments (7)

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Belle,

Your pumpkins are adorable and look like alot of work went into that one. I'd say you have your mop brush mastered. I can't see why you would have any questions on this project. You are waaaaaaaaaaay to picky, woman!!! If it was mine, I would be saying looky, looky, isn't it sweeeeet!!LOL Really like the material you used also.

Punk

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

What a cute garland of pumpkins, I love all the designs on them and the colors look just great to me! I think Belle is right--you are too picky woman! ;o)

Are these cut from 1/2 inch or 1/4 inch wood? What kind do you like to use? The last couple of times, I've bought mine at Lowe's but it's not nearly as smooth as what I used to buy at the lumber yard.

Luvs

• citytransplant(zone5)
    14 years ago

They are sooo cute! Really like the different designs and the ribbon trim on the garland.

From the photo, it does not look muddied to me, just dang cute.. I have never used a mop brush, it sounds interesting, what size are you using? Does brush size matter?

Joan

• paintgirl2008
    14 years ago

The pumpkins are really cute. All the perfect detail!!You did a great job-I love pumpkins.

• pezabelle
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank You All for the kind words...you do make a girl feel good on a foggy morning!

Luvs...I used 1/2" pine from HomeDepot. DH had scraps and used them. If I were to do it again I think I would use door skin or a very thin plywood as these are heavy and don't hang easily. Had to use very heavy wire.

Joan...I used 1/2" Loew-Cornell 270 Maxine's Mop. It is so soft, but I am sure any mop would work as you only use the tips to "dab" at the wet area. I know that this technique has been around a long time, I am stuck in a rut and just now got the brush for a wall hanging I still have hopes of getting done before Halloween. I don't usually purchase brushes to fit the project, anyway I used it on these and it isn't bad once I got the hang of it and left well enough alone.

Belle

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Belle,

Good to hear from you. I think your right with any mop brush will do the job if you know what look you want. Size would factor in according to the size project your working on.

Have you started another project and if so what's it going to be? We had a few days of fog but not as bad as I've seen.

• anjabee
    14 years ago

They look perfect to me. Can't imagine them looking any cuter. I prefer the rusty red oranges. Terra Cotta is the one I use the most. Don't change em!! ~Anj

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm