Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anjabee

Too Much Fertilizer

anjabee
14 years ago

Ok, this is Too Much Fertilizer...a John Sliney design. I cannot seem to get a decent picture of it so this is the best of the bunch. I still need to drill a hole at the top and put a knotted ribbon thru it to hang it from. Hope you like it. =) It just had Happy Halloween on the original design, but I wanted something different. I know someone here painted this one before, but I have been wanting to do this one for myself for a while.

Comments (11)

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Anj,

You did it and I think your saying on it is great. It's more fitting to the sign than just Happpy Halloween. As always, great job painting and hope to see more. Do you remember I tried to give you credit for painting this last year?

Glad you got it finished and I bet the kids are thrilled with it. Hope you start having more time to spend here but know what it's like to be busy.

Punk

• citytransplant(zone5)
    14 years ago

My goodness. That is waaaay too much! How cute and funny!

Joan

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Oh Anj, how funny---errr scary! Love those cracked teeth with the tongues coming through! ;o) You do such nice painting, and I too think your words are much better. Know your kids got a big kick out of it, where do you plan to display it? Luvs

• anjabee
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks you guys...Way Way too much Joan. ha Glad I don't see any of those in my garden. ha
    Sorry I couldn't get a better pic. Looks really dull.
    I had two more of his designs that I wanted to get done this year, but guess it will have to wait until next year.

Punk~ I didn't remember getting credit until you mentioned it. That's ok, I'll take all the credit I can get. ha

Luvs~ it's still sitting on the chair rail where I took the picture as of right now still waiting for the hole to get drilled. So guess that's where it's getting displayed this year. ha The kids like it there anyway since it's eye level with them. ~A

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Anj, for things I want to display in the house, I place them on those little easels. Right now I have two of my painted trays displayed that way in my front window. So do the kids make a face back at him when they walk by? That's what I would do! LOL

Luvs

• citytransplant(zone5)
    14 years ago

Luvs,

What a GREAT idea, to use easels. I have a ton of them and ..duh!... never thought to put seasonal painted items in them.. Easy to change out or to move to a different location. Gosh, thanks again for pointing out the obvious to me.

Joan

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Glad I mentioned something you could use Joan. I have plates on easels on my end table and sometimes on my mantel, so for holidays I often put them away and put up a cute plaque I've painted. And this little house doesn't have allot of wall space for hanging things either, so I've had to be creative! ;o) Luvs

• anjabee
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Luvs, I do have a few easels in different places around my house that I do change out with seasonal stuff. Probably you are the one that got me started doing that. ha
    He tipped sideways yesterday and I went to put him back up straight and all the kids were in unison saying don't take him down! ha I guess they do like him right there so I'll just leave him for this year.

• pezabelle
    14 years ago

Anj....that is one Freakish gourd! And What fun! You did an awesome job in it Anj! Now you need to "grow" a garden of freakish gourds. That would really be fun.

Belle

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Too funny, Anj. Just shows how much they like your painted creation! I bet he makes them smile each time they walk past him! ;o)

Belle, can you imagine running across something like this guy in your garden????? LOL By "grow", I bet you mean Anj should paint some more of them, right?

Luvs

• paintingfool
    14 years ago

This is too funny!!

Sponsored
Rodriguez Construction Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading Home Builders in Franklin County, OH