Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anjabee

Beary Welcome

anjabee
14 years ago

Well, finally....here it is! ha Finally got photobucket to work. Kept saying the pics were downloaded, but they weren't there.

Ok, got this sign and 2 others at the TS for 50 cents each so there will be more projects to come using those. The bottom part it metal and was a little hard to paint on even after I spray painted it first. This pattern is one by Renee Mullins from the book Plum Purdy Frosty Friends. I think Luvs may have painted him before?? In the book the bear is holding the welcome sign so I just changed it around a little to fit my project. Of course I noticed in the picture that I forgot to do the line work around his scarf and shirt. Went back and did that, but you are getting the without picture cause it took me so long to get those downloaded, I'm not gonna try it again. ha Anyway, hope you enjoy my project since I kept you hanging waiting for it for so long. ha

This may go to my brother?? Not sure yet. I'll hang it up and when he comes to visit if he says anything about it I'll just give it to him. ha ~Anj

Comments (9)

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Anj,
    Your bear was worth the wait. Beautiful job painting and shading it. Can hardly wait to see your next projects with your grat buys at TS.

I think posting pictures is a great way to see what we've missed alright. I'm like you when it comes to finishing and reposting, not always gonna happen.

Your bear reminds me of Tonya Kennedy's painting. Wanna share details with us?

Punk

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Yippee, you finally got Photobucket to work for you! Those signs were neat finds, looks like a good size and shape. Yes, I did use that pattern on my neighbor's tub she was throwing away. I really like Renee Mullin's designs too. I'd love to get a couple more of her books, I only have a couple now.

I've been seeing several bear items at the TS lately. Some were so neat that I was wishing I knew someone who was into bears that I could buy them for them. LOL

I know what you mean about seeing things you missed in the picture--I went back and fixed a couple of e's on my coffee mirror after I had posted the pic here too!

Luvs

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Anj,
    Wow you can tell I was multitasking when I posted to this. Sorry about the ? Punk

• pezabelle
    14 years ago

Anj..........he is bearry cute! I love the heart handing from the moon and your trees are awesome!

Isn't it funny that we can pick out what we left out much easier in a picture.

Sure glad you are back with us again!

Belle

• paintingfool
    14 years ago

Anj, I love how the trees are leaning over to him. And of course he is the cutest!!

• anjabee
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks you guys. Glad ya'll liked him. Sorry it takes me forever to get any projects done. I will try harder to more done and posted. =)
    This was my first time doing a black background. I really like it.
    Luvs~ I was really excited when I found those signs at the TS! I think they originally came from Roberts Craft Store. They are pretty nice sized.
    My brother is single and has a bunch of bears, elk, deer and fishing stuff in his house. Guess you could just say he has a wildlife theme going on. He keeps the taxidermist in business. ha Model ships and nautical things in his bedroom. He may or may not want the sign, but I thought it was cute and have been wanting to do it since you did your tub. I thought that was the one, but couldn't remember. I love Renee Mullins too so I'm sure we'll both be doing some of the same patterns as we go along...I'm sure you'll get to them before I do. ha
    Thanks again everybody. ~Anj

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Anj,

It doesn't matter how often you can post but I always enjoy everthing you make. I for one want you to take care of loved ones first and then come and play after your done with that task. That being said, we all understant why you don't always have projects posted several times a week.haha

I have some of Renee Mullins books but don't grab them much when painting. This would be great in our cabin. We have alot of bears and other wildlife in there.

Let us know what DB thinks of this. Sounds like he is the almighty hunter. Maybe this is why he's single. He's to busy hunting the four legged deer instead of a 2 legged dear!

Punk

• pezabelle
    14 years ago

Anj.... I am retired with only my DH and myself to look after and I still don't have enough time to paint!!!!! Everyday there seems to be "something" that needs to be done beyond the general housekeeping. My very DH is not from the generation who thinks of helping with that area of our lives and you'd think with only the two of us housekeeping would be a snap...WRONG or I'm really doing something wrong.

Anyway, it is always a joy to see what you have created, so just keep them coming as you can.

Belle

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Belle, I can totally relate--mine isn't from the generation that learned to pitch in and help with household chores either--but he is pretty easy going, never complains if something doesn't get done and will heat something up for himself if need be.

As for finishing projects, I sure seem to go in spurts! I get several things painted and posted then just seem to stall on getting on to the next ones. This week, I have little GD all week so my painting is more in the category of kiddie crafts. She decided that we should make our own colored leaves, so we collected some magnolia leaves and painted them pretty colors yesterday. Then she wrote her name on some with a gold paint pen. Gave one to my friend and another to a neighbor, then we made a "book" with the rest. She wrote the color on the paper and then we hot glued the leaf on it--this will be for Mom and Dad when they get back. I have some wooden cutouts that we will probably paint sometime this week too.

Guess what? We are getting a little bit of rain finally. We sure do need it--bet the trees love having the dirt and smog washed off finally! Punk, is your weather still cold or did it warm back up a bit?

Anj, I always enjoy seeing your projects--but mostly I just enjoy hearing from you OFTEN! I like hearing what's going on with your family, hearing your ideas for making gifts, or the classes you sometimes do--so please don't stay away just because you don't have a completed project, okay?

DH and I still went for our senior Tuesday at the movies--saw "Couples Retreat" (I think that's the name) It was a cute show with beautiful scenery and happy endings. ;o)

Gotta go by the grocery store and then go get the little one. She is so fun and full of energy--and I love all those hugs and kisses! ;o)

Luvs

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths