Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phonegirl_gw

The Snowman Tree

phonegirl
14 years ago

Good Afternoon,

Painted the little snowman tree last night and this morning so this may be all this week but you know me, you never know. This is a pattern by JMP, one of my favorite artists. Hope it's not to early for the little snowy.

Punk

Comments (10)

• citytransplant(zone5)
    14 years ago

Ahhhh That is so sweet. Love the expression on the snowman, all of the sparkly snowdrops, the tress are outstanding.

Never heard of a snowman tree before..thanks for the introduction.

Joan

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Of all the pieces you've shared, I think this one has to be my most favorite one, Punk. Such a cute little snow guy and his little tree, love it on that dark background. Speaking of backgrounds, that's a neat piece, is it metal? Cute, cute, cute! ;o)

Luvs

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Joan, thanks, I'm glad you like the little snowy and you pick up on detail very well. I hadn't heard of a snowman tree either but Jamie Mills Price is the one who named her project that. I want to buy her new book but haven't seen it for sale yet.

Luvs, no kidding, this is one of your favorites? I forget what I've painted so having some of the pictures saved in Photobucket is nice. I need to go back and look before the holidays. The tray is metal. Wouldn't this be cute with little candles on both sides that sit on trays that match? I liked the idea the one gal had over on Holiday forum to hang tree boughs above it.

When you painted your Give Thanks tray that was enough to get me painting mine. And then posting all your beautiful rose trays got my buns moving again. Funny how we always want what someone else has.haha I will never live long enough to paint everything I'd like to.

Punk

• anjabee
    14 years ago

Not too soon for snow here. It piled on us all day yesterday. Grrr.
    Yours is cute though. Love JMP. You picked a great piece to paint it on. Looks perfect. If those loops are open it would be a great thing to hang up and stick your holiday cards or photos on. I actually have a card holder with loops that look like that. It's a great piece. Hang on to that one! ha ~Anj

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks Anj and I'm glad you think it's a keeper. What a great idea with using it for Christmas cards. I think that would work. I have a card hold but it's one that DM made I think.

Punk

• pezabelle
    14 years ago

Punk! Can't believe I missed this! I didn't! I posted a ....Oh! Well! Here it is again.

Punk.....totally wonderful! I like and don't like JMP, the don't like part is they are so busy. But yours just fits together perfectly. I love the snowflakes and everything is so whispy.... and the snowman's face, and the tree...Ah!just plain great!

Belle

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Belle,

Thanks for the comment even though JMP isn't your favorite artist.LOL It's probably good that we all like some different projects by different artists. After the weekend we should have a post about our favorite artists and maybe that will get us all painting for the week.

Punk

• citytransplant(zone5)
    14 years ago

I never heard of JMP before...so I had to look for her on the net. I really like her work, but almost all of her charcters are so very sad in the eyes. I would buy her books, do the work, but use other eyes...happy eyes.

Punk I kept going back and forth comparing your work and hers, gosh your looks better ...and happier, much happier.

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Joan,

Your so sweet to say you like my painting more than Jamie Mills Price but I will never be any where close to her skill level. She is one of my favorites. I don't think of her eyes as sad. I think of them as shy and I love them.

Punk

• paintingfool
    14 years ago

Punk, these are totally cute!! You paint snowmen really as good as JMP. We never see snowmen - we still have very warm weather here and no snow in 13 years. But I too like to paint them. JMP has the cutest faces for sure.

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County