Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Goodie Jar with Snowman

Posted by phonegirl (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 4, 09 at 12:44

Good Morning,
I couldn't sleep so got up and painted this snowman jar for DMI. I need to go back and do a little touch up but here it is. Her birthday is next Sun. and I have a hard time buying for her. Hope you enjoy a little project this morning.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Goodie Jar with Snowman

Awww...I love it...great job!! Snowmen are my favorite!! :)

o

What a sweet little face on your snowman! Sorry you couldn't sleep, but your MIL is going to be glad since it gave you time to create this for her. ;o) Luvs

o

Thanks both of you for the sweet comments. It was a fun project and I will probably buy more of these jars to paint. They are pretty resonable at Ross or TJ Max if anyone else is interested. They do have the rubber seal on the inside top.

Punk

o

You sure have pretty sleepless nights. Would never have thought of doing something like this.....the vine work is so good and the wreath heart on your snowman...super....ditto to everything else.

You have been a busy lady! So get some sleep!

Belle

o

Belle,
Thanks and did anyone ever tell you, you have a wonderful way with words....I had a tooth pulled today so will be getting some sleep tonight with all the Advil I took. I don't think I needed it but I was instructed to take it anyway so did what I was told for once.haha

Punk

o

Punk...don't know how I missed this project, but I did! ha I have a lot of sleepless nights too, but I'm too bleary eyed to paint anything. ha Looks like you had a pretty steady hand and good eye for this one. Love the vines around the top. Like the purple with the black background. You've probably given this to MIL by now. How did she like it?

o

Anj,
Thanks, I haven't given this to her yet. Sunday the 11th is her BDay so I'll let you know how it goes. Her dining room is painted and walpapered in lilac so I tend to paint purples for her

Punk

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here