Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Haunting sign

Posted by anjabee (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 3, 11 at 9:43

Design by John Sliney Photobucket Photobucket I just love those cheesy grins. That's what my kids do when it's picture time! ha

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Haunting sign

Anj....as you know Primitive isn't my fave...but these guy are awesome! I have seen several of John's patterns and you have one of the best....where did you find the wood or how did you age it?

Thanks for sharing!

Belle

o

Belle~ this piece of wood started off as a long snowman hanger that I got at the TS for 50cents! I cut the round head part into the pointy part of the sign, then sanded it all down. To make it aged, I painted the first coat black then I rubbed a candle in all the spots that I wanted it to look worn, especially around the edges. Then I painted my grey color over the top then after it dried, I sanded it. The wax makes the color not stick so good and it sands right off in a neat pattern. Then I went over it with a dark brown mixed with an antiquing medium. Glad you like it. I love most of John Sliney's designs.

o

Here you go again with another neat project. This sign is Great Anj. Those grins are making me grin from ear to ear. So fun.

I remember you doing this process on another project that I really enjoyed last year. Wanna share again?

Punk

o

If I have time I will try to look for it. I am in a terrible rush this week! Leaving to go to Mississippi early Sat morning and have so much to do before then, but I will try!!

o

Bet your kids love this one. Can't help but smile when you see it. Have a great time on your trip. Luvs

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here