Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Painted cheesebox

Posted by gracie01 (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 16, 08 at 22:01

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Painted cheesebox

What an awesome design for your cheesebox!! I love it! Especially all the little crows. I love the top. You did a wonderful job on all the corn stalks. It's just perfect! It looks like a pretty big box if that's your fireplace behind it. It's a great fall piece. TFS ~Anj

o

Gracie, that's a lovely box. You chose a perfect pattern, and your painting on it looks great. Luvs

o

I'm back for another peak. Would you mind sharing where you found the design? ~Anj

o

You did a wonderful job onthe cheesebox. I love it. I picked up a couple of cheeseboxes at a yardsale this past weekend. Maybe yours will inspire me to do something with them.

o

Hi Pegtn, welcome to the forum. When you paint your cheese boxes, please come share a pic with us, okay?

So how do you tell a cheesebox from a hatbox? Probably a stupid question, but I'm curious.

Luvs

o

The pattern is from a book "Kindred Hearts" by Vicky Sherman. I changed some things to suit my taste. Her moon is gray with a face on it, that I didn't care for.

o

Beautiful box and like Luvs "what's a cheese box?" other than for cheese storage.

o

A cheesebox is made out of very thin wood. It has tacks on one side to hold it together. I don't know if this one is authentic, but that's what they're called. I got this one at a garage sale unfinished.

o

Nice project, it turned out great. Thanks for sharing and hope to see more from all of you.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here