Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anjabee

SNOW blocks

anjabee
11 years ago

SNOW blocks with snowman head. Still have to glue the little wire loopies in so they stand up more, but thought I'd go ahead and put the pic up while I have a minute. Hope you like! ~Anj

Comments (5)

• luvstocraft
    11 years ago

Anj, that's very cute. Did you cut and sand the blocks yourself? The snowflakes are really neat too, did you stencil them on or use the vinyl letters?

Back last Easter when I made several blocks spelling words, I discovered that they really could be heavy if I packed too many in the same box!

I think decorating with words is so fun, and your snowman for the O is great.

Luvs

• anjabee
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I found about 6 of the blocks at the TS for like 50 cents each. They are really light. Not sure what they are made of. Just painted them and glittered the letters. I've changed his hat up again! ha It was too plain so I painted matching smaller snowflakes on the hat and did some different wire doodles. I still haven't bought any vinyl to do the lettering on my cricut yet. Never think about it when I'm out and about. ha ~A

• luvstocraft
    11 years ago

That was a good find on the blocks. Wish I knew what the lighter weight wood is, regular blocks sure weigh allot and can make the packing box heavy if you put several sets in.

I laughed at when you said you redid the hat. You are such a perfectionist! ;o)

I sent you an email about using good quality contact paper. You can get lots in one roll and would be perfect for inside projects and practice. Good for letting the kids do cutouts too. There are also lots of places online that sell the vinyl much cheaper than the Cricut vinyl at Michael's so you might like to check those too. I like working with the contact paper/vinyl because you can put it on and take it off to reposition several times. I also bought the clear contact paper and cut strips of it to use to transfer whole words at one time. Tip on that is to press it on your jeans or slacks two or three times to make it a little less sticky and easier to remove from the letters.

Luvs

• pezabelle
    11 years ago

Anj....you've done it yet again! Perfect! So, how did you change the hat?

I agree with Luv...go online for both the vinyl and for the transfer tape with is used to transfer your cut vinyl. Even with postage it is much less money and offer a greater variety.

Pezabelle

• anjabee
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Belle!! Glad you are back! I just painted some of the same style snowflakes that are on the blocks onto the hat made a few wire loopies coming out of the band and out of the top. It sold.
    Thanks for the tips on the vinyl!!

Sponsored
SK Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Loudoun County's Top Kitchen & Bath Designer I Best of Houzz 2014-2022