Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Witch Sign

Posted by anjabee (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 4, 12 at 19:32

Here is a Witch Sign that I painted. Monika Brint design. Hope you like! =) It's a yard stake.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Witch Sign

Anj, this is darling. The background almost looks like stitchery, and the brightblue and purples just pop against that brown speckled background. Is it wood? Looks like paper or cardboard sort ofm maybe canvas???? Love the lacing on it too. You have just gotten so creative! I love it! Luvs

o

Thank you Luvs! It is canvas. I just love those Monika Brint designs! The background is actually a little darker than it shows here because of the flash I guess. The cat is my favorite! ha

o

I was thinking about getting some of the RocLon for the designs in the last Renee Mullins book I had bought. It's like $13 on artist club for a roll that would make three of her little signs. I think Belle was using it or something similar and had hoped to ask her where she was buying it. I've heard it's like the liner they use for room darkening curtains.

Did you buy canvas specifically for this project or were you lucky enough to already have it on hand?

Half my problem is figuring out what to paint on. LOL

o

Actually this was a bit of an upcycle. One of my thrift store finds. I didn't like the picture that was on it. It had a kind of stamped look to it. This is what it looked like before. I remembered to take the picture before I got too far into painting over it.

Photobucket

o

Anj....Wonderful painting and my favorite Witch!

Luvs.....check my comment on RocLon in the conversation side,

TY for sharing

PezaBelle

o

Thanks Belle! It sold!

o

I'm not surprised that cute little witch sold right away. You've always been great at coming up with new ways to improve things. I do have a few patterns of Monicas but never painted any of them.

Punk

o

Hey Punk!! We've missed you! I love Monika's designs. So whimsical.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here