Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anjabee

Witch Sign

anjabee
11 years ago

Here is a Witch Sign that I painted. Monika Brint design. Hope you like! =) It's a yard stake.

Comments (8)

• luvstocraft
    11 years ago

Anj, this is darling. The background almost looks like stitchery, and the brightblue and purples just pop against that brown speckled background. Is it wood? Looks like paper or cardboard sort ofm maybe canvas???? Love the lacing on it too. You have just gotten so creative! I love it! Luvs

• anjabee
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you Luvs! It is canvas. I just love those Monika Brint designs! The background is actually a little darker than it shows here because of the flash I guess. The cat is my favorite! ha

• luvstocraft
    11 years ago

I was thinking about getting some of the RocLon for the designs in the last Renee Mullins book I had bought. It's like $13 on artist club for a roll that would make three of her little signs. I think Belle was using it or something similar and had hoped to ask her where she was buying it. I've heard it's like the liner they use for room darkening curtains.

Did you buy canvas specifically for this project or were you lucky enough to already have it on hand?

Half my problem is figuring out what to paint on. LOL

• anjabee
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Actually this was a bit of an upcycle. One of my thrift store finds. I didn't like the picture that was on it. It had a kind of stamped look to it. This is what it looked like before. I remembered to take the picture before I got too far into painting over it.

• pezabelle
    11 years ago

Anj....Wonderful painting and my favorite Witch!

Luvs.....check my comment on RocLon in the conversation side,

TY for sharing

PezaBelle

• anjabee
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Belle! It sold!

• phonegirl
    11 years ago

I'm not surprised that cute little witch sold right away. You've always been great at coming up with new ways to improve things. I do have a few patterns of Monicas but never painted any of them.

Punk

• anjabee
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hey Punk!! We've missed you! I love Monika's designs. So whimsical.