Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pezabelle

Halloween Tray

pezabelle
14 years ago

I took a page from Luvs books and adapted this pattern to fit a tray rather than a canister top.

Wish I had added some stippling of lighter orange and yellow to all four corners. Guess I didn't plan ahead!

This pattern is from Patricia Rawlinson and is free hand, and for me that is really hard as all of you know I like everything so even, but I clinched my teeth and did it anyway!

Belle

{{!gwi}}

Comments (8)

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Fantastic! Belle, your cobwebs and spiders are so perfect looking! And I love that shade of orange too. No way I would even attempt to do all that freehand--you did great! Luvs

• paintingfool
    14 years ago

Your linework is great. I have never painted much for fall but I do like looking at what yall are doing.

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Belle,
    So glad to have you back and posting with us. Your always so busy and helping others. So glad you found time to paint and post. Your tray turned out wonderful. I really like the shading with yellow on the center parts to make it stand out. You always have great projects to share with us.

Punk

• pezabelle
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks you all for the kind words! This was a practice for Christmas Ornaments I want to paint and they are all line work and keeping the pattern even. Now I need to find something that has lots of comas and tear drops. I hate to sit and just use a practice sheet....waste of time! Would much rather paint something!

Belle

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Ooh, that sounds neat--can't wait to see your ornaments! ;o) Luvs

• jstmrdn2002
    14 years ago

This is beautiful! I love it!

• pezabelle
    Original Author
    14 years ago

jstmrdn.....thank you and welcome to our little corner of the world! Have you been here long (I'm kind of new here) or did you just drop in? Either way hope you come back often!

Belle

• jstmrdn2002
    14 years ago

Hi Belle,

I'm brand new here...just signed up last night! Oh...and my name is Dawn :) I've just started decorative painting...never had any lessons or anyone to show me anything...so I'm just winging it! I'm doing some Christmas ornaments and some bigger wooden pieces...hoping to sell them for some extra money. I've posted one of my Grinch ornaments in the gallery...my first attempt at decorative painting! Check it out and let me know what you think! Thanks!