Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Halloween Tray

Posted by pezabelle (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 21, 09 at 15:30

I took a page from Luvs books and adapted this pattern to fit a tray rather than a canister top.

Wish I had added some stippling of lighter orange and yellow to all four corners. Guess I didn't plan ahead!

This pattern is from Patricia Rawlinson and is free hand, and for me that is really hard as all of you know I like everything so even, but I clinched my teeth and did it anyway!

Belle

Halloween Tray

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Halloween Tray

Fantastic! Belle, your cobwebs and spiders are so perfect looking! And I love that shade of orange too. No way I would even attempt to do all that freehand--you did great! Luvs

o

Your linework is great. I have never painted much for fall but I do like looking at what yall are doing.

o

Belle,
So glad to have you back and posting with us. Your always so busy and helping others. So glad you found time to paint and post. Your tray turned out wonderful. I really like the shading with yellow on the center parts to make it stand out. You always have great projects to share with us.

Punk

o

Thanks you all for the kind words! This was a practice for Christmas Ornaments I want to paint and they are all line work and keeping the pattern even. Now I need to find something that has lots of comas and tear drops. I hate to sit and just use a practice sheet....waste of time! Would much rather paint something!

Belle

o

Ooh, that sounds neat--can't wait to see your ornaments! ;o) Luvs

o

This is beautiful! I love it!

o

jstmrdn.....thank you and welcome to our little corner of the world! Have you been here long (I'm kind of new here) or did you just drop in? Either way hope you come back often!

Belle

o

Hi Belle,

I'm brand new here...just signed up last night! Oh...and my name is Dawn :) I've just started decorative painting...never had any lessons or anyone to show me anything...so I'm just winging it! I'm doing some Christmas ornaments and some bigger wooden pieces...hoping to sell them for some extra money. I've posted one of my Grinch ornaments in the gallery...my first attempt at decorative painting! Check it out and let me know what you think! Thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here