Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Santa Box

Posted by anjabee (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 2, 08 at 13:29

This was a plain box with the little tree cutout I bought at the TS for $1. I've painted it up to use as a "giftbox" for a Christmas gift for friends. I still need to put some screening or pretty Christmas print behind the tree cutout so whatever I put into it doesn't spill out. =) The snow flecking is not as overpowering in person as it is in the picture. The camera really picked up on it for some reason. So here are the pictures...same box, different angles. Oh, the design is by Chris Thornton.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Santa Box

Really cute Anj, I love the colors you used on your santa's hat. The beard and mustache look really great too--good job. I used to have a couple of this type of wooden boxes--had a glass contained candle in them. Mine weren't this cute though--just the cutout shape and plain colors on it sort of country style. Luvs

o

Thanks Luvs and thanks for an idea. I may be able to find a square glass vase or some other clear container to put down in it to hold my gift whatever it may end up being. If it's candy that would work good and you could still see it thru the cutout. I've seen a bunch of these with different cutouts too in my craft magazines used as candle holders, but I wanted to repurpose it. Thanks again! ~Anj

o

Anj, You did a great job on these. Your speckling looks good. Santa's hat is so modern looking with the colors you chose, I like it too. I paint alot of things from Chris Thorton's books. Her books always have things I go back to.

o

Thank you phonegirl. I've painted this design before on a jar and really like it a lot. I'm sure it won't be the last time I use it. ha The book this one is in was Blessings In A Jar 2. It has lots of patterns I've liked and used. ~Anj

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here