Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Latest attempt at fluffy roses

luvstocraft
14 years ago

I had this piece already sprayed with primer and a basecoat of ivory, so I sat down this morning and painted some roses on it.

I've been practicing trying to paint a more "fluffy" shabby chic rose than my normal one stroke roses. I'm fairly well pleased with these. And the lavender filler flowers were just done with a scruffy brush dipped in lavender and white and sort of "pounced" on--very easy and fun.

Had the two spoons ready to paint also, so painted small roses on them. I've seen them with a hole drilled in them so they can be hung. Not sure what I will do with these--may do that or just put them in a clear glass vase for now.

Luvs

Comments (4)

• anjabee
    14 years ago

Ewww-la-la! Beautiful Luvs. Love how the purple ones look so light and airy around your fluffy roses. That is a neat looking tray with the cutwork on it and the spoons are cool! Very pretty.

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Luvs,
    Very pretty and wonderful choice on colors. I am about to try my hand at roses again on my desk and chair I'm refinishing. I don't know what I'm doing for sure but think I'm going with purple roses on it.

So happy you had time to paint a beautiful tray and spoons. Love the ribbon on your spoons also. This makes me want to get painting.

Punk

• pezabelle
    14 years ago

Luvs....awesome! Yours colors and strokes are fantastic! I just have to get out some info sheets and try flowers! The
    lavender "fillers" are so whispy and really frame the roses!

Have never seen the spoons painted a solid color, looks great!

Belle

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks gals, I keep trying my hand at doing roses. They are fun to do and I love roses. I really need to paint some other flowers like sunflowers and Iris which turn out really pretty too.

Punk, I can't wait to see your desk and chair with the purple roses! Sounds so pretty.

Belle, I love the step by step worksheets I often find in my painting magazines. They help me break it down into doable steps that way.

Anj, would you believe this tray has been laying out in my shed for at least two or three years waiting for me to paint it? I bought several of them at the TS when I first left the bank--gosh, I guess that was four years ago! About time I get something painted on all of them isn't it? LOL

Luvs